Perhaps, there is a pregnant woman in the world that even once thought about premature birth. Suddenly the baby hurry to be born? Is it possible to prevent preterm birth? How to act if they
Reasons for premature births can be numerous:
- If you have previously had abortions, miscarriages or birth before term, if there are
someanatomical defects in the structure of the uterus and cervix, now we need to treat yourself very carefully. In gynecology is the concept of Cervical failure, CIN (isthmus — «Isthmus", a place of transition in the uterine cervix of the uterus, cervix — «uterus"). In normal pregnancy this isthmus plays the role of the sphincter of the castle, locking the uterus. But if the isthmus is injured (at the time of abortion, especially made in the first pregnancy, deep gaps in previous births, crude expanding the cervical canal, etc.), the entrance to the uterus becoming endangered.
- A major problem is both inflammatory and infectious diseases of the genital organs. Therefore, if possible, it would be good before pregnancy to treat diseases such as coleitis, vaginosis, get tested for infections such as chlamydia, trichomonas, mycoplasma.
- Sometimes premature labor and cause medical problems, especially kidney infection (pyelonephritis) and urinary tract infections, high blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid disease, hormonal disorders, etc.
- If the pregnancy is prolific, the premature birth can cause hyperextension uterus.
- Sometimes it can cause premature labor, even seemingly innocuous SARS, so try not to come in a large gathering of people, the extra infection you now do not need it.
- Another factor — nervous stress and hard work (Both physical and intellectual). And so for now you have to be just you and your future baby.
In obstetrics preterm birth are called labor for a term of 28 to 37 weeks. If this period you will feel some unusual symptoms, it is urgent reason for at least call the doctor, and even better to see him. So if you have:
- Drawing pain in the abdomen, similar to menstrual.
- The severity of the abdomen, it seems that the bladder and vagina
somethinga great burden.
- Bleeding from the genital tract.
- Cramping pain that lasts more than 30 seconds. Just do not confuse them with the training bouts (how to distinguish from the real fight training — See the article "Childbirth start").
- Leakage of clear fluid from the vagina.
- You are no longer to feel fetal movements.
The doctor will assess your condition, and may offer admission to the hospital. But do not panic ahead of time — in many cases generic activities you can slow down with the help of special drugs, psychotherapy, electric relaxation oscillator for cancer therapy, acupuncture, etc.
Give birth or wait?
What awaits you in the hospital? If the fetal bladder is not broken, you have to:
- Ultrasound (it will show the status of the fetus and uterine tone)
- Vaginal examination on the subject of the disclosure of the uterus — you need to find out how she smoothed and shortened, if the mother is open mouth
- A blood test for testosterone.
- A blood test for uterine infection (rubella, toxoplasmosis, herpes, cytomegalovirus).
- A blood test and swab for chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma.
Depending on the resulting figures doctor opts to suspend the generic activities. For this purpose, used drugs — Tocolytic, tablets and candles with indomethacin, etc. It is possible that soon you will go home with the world — to continue wearing their treasure and take anti-anxiety drugs, antispasmodics, if necessary — hormones. From sexual relations until the need to abstain.
If you have a term of up to 28 weeks, there was
Another option of maintaining pregnancy — lie down for a while in the hospital. It is possible that your doctor will need all the time to monitor your baby, and this requires a hospital. Bed rest at this time strictly required! For the period up to 34 weeks mum necessarily prescribe hormones, which in any case must accelerate the maturation of the baby's lungs.
Finally, the third option — birth. In severe forms of late toxicosis, or threat to the life of the mother or the baby's premature birth are sometimes the only option (for example, when suddenly there was a detachment of the placenta or acute hypoxia). According to statistics, premature birth ranged from 4 to 16%. In Moscow there are two hospital who specialize in the premature birth — hospital number 15 (Sharikopodshipnikovskaya st., 3) and the number 8 (Vyatskiy per., 29).
Deliveries ahead of schedule
Have their own characteristics. They usually begin with premature rupture of membranes. Approximately 35% of these births occur rapidly — in nulliparous the whole process takes less than six hours, multifarious — less than four. Labors in this case may be weak or diskoordinirovannoy (because the cervix is not yet ripe for final delivery, and mechanisms of tribal forces do not work smoothly). The cervix can be opened unevenly, with the intervals between contractions is rapidly increasing, while they themselves continue to fight all the longer. Kid, so hurry to be born, doctors try to take as gently as possible, because the risk of birth trauma for him especially great.
Cautious approach to pain management and labor. Narcotic pain medications are not used in any case — it may be detrimental to the development of the respiratory system of the child. Usually use an epidural or spinal anesthesia. To minimize labor injuries, make the incision of the perineum and preventive — episodic or perineotomy.
Often, even before the start of premature birth may be a placental abruption or Infectious complications (eg, inflammation of the membranes — chorioamnionitis). In the postpartum period may be bleeding, especially if during labor are having difficulty with the separation of placenta. But in general the post-partum period is different from the normal delivery occurred interm. Therefore, if the newly made mother and detained in the hospital, the more often it is not
But here's your baby was born (a reference to the article "A premature baby — care and particular). From now on you have a special responsibility — because he has to adapt to this world a little ahead of schedule. Do not worry ahead of time, the adaptive capacity of premature children is very high. In the intensive care unit of the state of kids are watching the clock.
Recently in Pediatrics, a new direction — a follow-up designed specifically for premature babies. This comprehensive monitoring and treatment — a neurologist, ophthalmologist, pediatrician and other specialists. When a child learns to self-suck, start to put on weight, will be outside the incubator, you can make out with her mother home.
If your family is growing a baby is born prematurely, here are some useful addresses:
- Research Center of Children's Health (the second and third stage of nursing and rehabilitation premature infants). Lomonosov
Prospect2/62, vol 132 7492.
- Center for Family Planning and Reproduction (Department catamnesis). Sevastopol
Prospect24 t 332 2915
- Institute of Nutrition (samples to food allergens, the selection of food, gastrointestinal problems, diathesis, goiter). Kashirskoe., 5, 113 tons in 1
- Center for Special Education (neurological problems, speech delay). Pogodinskaya st., 8, K.1, t.2452530
Nephro-urologicalCenter of the CST number 13 it. NF Filatov(Kidney problems, nephritis, pyelonephritis, PMR, malformations of the urinary tract, hydronephrosis). Str. Garden-Kudrinskaya15 t 254 9129
- Advisory Department of Vascular Surgery, vol
- Children's City Children's Hospital Orthopedic Center at number 19 named.
TS Zatsepina(Problems with musculoskeletalapparatus, hip dysplasia). Str. B. CHerkizovskaja,possession of 12, ie 168 8646.587 3465.
- Clinic for Eye Diseases. Helmholtz. Str.
Garden-Chernogryazskaya14/9, Vol 208 0026
- CST number 1 Morozov: Department of Childhood Illnesses number 1, Hematology Center, Department and Department of
ENT diseasesDepartment of Ophthalmology (specialist consultations, treatment). 4thDobryninsky per. 1, ie 959 8904.