Obdorsky jail, initiated the modern city of Salekhard — one of the first Russian settlements founded on the territory of Siberia. Fort was laid by the Cossacks Berezovsky governor Nikita Trahaniotova have reached the lower reaches of the river Polui, near its confluence with the Ob.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493897/ Obdorsky stern was laid in 1593 by Cossacks Berezovsky governor Nikita Trahaniotova, Polui reached the lower reaches of the river, at its confluence with the Ob. In 1635, a jail was renamed Obdorsk outpost, which later became known as Obdorsk fortress.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493898/ The famous historian of the Tobolsk province A.A.Dunin-Gorkavich wrote: "Reason Obdorsk was caused by the need to protect inorodcheskih raids and to prevent tax-free reserve and swap between Pomor hucksters and Samoyeds. In order to protect tributaries of Ostyaks Samoyed set was "annual oberezh" for which Berezova originally expelled from the Cossacks to 50, sometimes even up to a hundred, then a number of Cossacks was gradually reduced and finally, with the lifting 'annual oberezh "just stopped." The objectives Obdorsk fortress also included the control of the movement of goods on the way to the biggest at the time of exhibition trade center in the Arctic Circle — the legendary Mangazeya.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493901/ The fortress was a small quadrangle, enclosed stand-up fence, two observation towers and two carriageways. Inside it was a typical for such forts set of administrative and residential buildings as well as Vasilyevskaya church, felled in 1602.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493905/ In the second half of the XVIII century fortress Obdorskaya starts to lose its military and defensive value. By Catherine II had taken the gun, and in 1799 it was disbanded military garrison. Zastava has been transformed into the center of the township Obdorsk Berezovsky County Tobolsk — Obdorsk. In 1807 the walls and towers of wooden fortress on the orders of the governor of Tobolsk AM Kornilov were torn down "because of decay."
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493906/ In the XIX century in the life of Obdorsk begin to increasingly dominate trade and fishing features. However, he continued to play an important role in collecting tribute from the indigenous inhabitants of the region — Nenets and Khanty. Tribute included, mainly, which had great value "soft stuff" — sable, fox, foxes, stoats, squirrels, muskrats and other animals living in the province. In Obdorsk, thanks to the wealth valuable species of fish waters of the floor and Obi, has always been well developed fisheries. Since the beginning of the XIX century in Obdorsk from December 15 to January 25, which introduced a large winter market. Turnover of funds, it was one of the first in the province of Tobolsk. Traditionally, the fair Obdorsk Merchants from many cities in the Russian North and Siberia. They drove here flour and bread products from metals and jewelery, cloth, wine and tobacco, and took away furs, walrus tusks, fish, bird feather, and other commercial wealth of the North. As noted by contemporaries, while in Obdorsk formed a quarter of the retail warehouses, barns and it was three times larger than houses.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493910/ According to extant estimates, by the beginning of the twentieth century Obdorsk annually exported to 200,000 pounds of fish and about 50,000 furs, mainly fox, foxes, squirrels and stoats.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493896/ Start rebuilding Cossack fortress laid the famous architect Alexander Opolovnikov. In 1992, he developed two projects: the first — a reconstruction of the fortress and the second Obdorsk — reconstruction of historic buildings Salekhard. On sketc
hes A.V.Opolovnikova based on the study of architecture of the Russian North XVI-XVII centuries, in 1994, was reconstituted first watchtower Obdorsk prison. The Cossacks in 1595 at the mouth of Poluya cut down the wooden fortress on the site of which grew Salehard. The unique architectural complex "Obdorsky jail", which reproduces look of an outpost of the Russian state in Obdorsk edge in the XVII century, opened in September 2006 in Salekhard on the historic site at the confluence of the rivers Ob and Polui.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493913/ Church of St. Basil the Great.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493931/Temple of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul in Salekhard. The building of St. Peter and Paul Cathedral in Salekhard — the only religious building stone Yamal created in the nineteenth century.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493936/ The temple was constructed in Salekhard (Obdorsk) by decision of Tobolsk Spiritual Consistory, adopted in 1883. The temple was built with funds Obdorsk mission offerings foreigners, donations merchants Trapeznikova, Sibiryakov Kornilov. Peter and Paul Church erected a long time until the cause has not undertaken an architect of the Magdeburg Gottlieb zinc. It was built in Siberia, a few stone churches and was about to go home when the representatives Obdorsk merchants offered to build the temple. Architect long disagreed, but, enticed by promises, went to Obdorsk. In a letter home Zinc announces construction plans: "15 years ago to have seven Russian architects built this church, and finally declared the impossibility of building stone buildings in permafrost. Now I have to carry the stone foundation and three years to complete the construction. And so in this heated church, even when temperature is 50 degrees heat reached 16. " In 1893, the provincial chief of Bogdanovich has given permission to open the temple. In September 1894 in a solemn ceremony in the presence of a large number of parishioners, the church was consecrated by the Bishop of Tobolsk Agafangel.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493934/ In 1929 the church was closed and the building suffered considerable damage: the white stone fence torn down, and the bell tower, the roof is covered, changed the layout. Special immigrants lived in the temple of the Gulag, was later archive, warehouse, then a children's sports school. It was only in the early 90-ies of XX century the return of sacred spiritual believers. November 10, 1990 the solemn service in honor of the long-awaited transfer of the faithful of the Orthodox Russian Church St. Peter and Paul Cathedral. And in 1991, the temple for the first time visited the Bishop of the Diocese of Tyumen and Tobolsk Bishop Dmitri. July 11 in the early morning was a solemn consecration of the temple of the Holy Apostle Peter and Paul with a big celebratory service. A few years later the church was resto
red to its original appearance. In 1998, the restoration was carried out of the temple. The building was returned to the original form.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/lapshin-8975/view/493932/ This building was included in the city's history under the name — the Republic of 7, is his mailing address has been preserved to this day. For many decades it was the only office building in the capital of the Yamal-Nenets region, it is here to make important decisions on the development of the district, to solve the current problem. In 1933, p. Obdorsk was renamed in Salekhard. And in the same year on the street. Republic, the former Tsar's millions or, a building was constructed for the District Committee of the Bolshevik Party and the District Executive Committee. The building of great architectural value as a model of urban 30-ies of the last century, built on the original architectural design, with a creative, unconventional approach to the architectural solution, which is not surprising, because it was built specifically for the Party and government institutions District. It housed the Party Regional Committee, okrispolkom, city council and city committee of the party.