An important element of diagnosis of hypertension and its adequate control — self- measurement his patient Blood Pressure (BP). In order to measure as accurate as possible, it is necessary to observe a few simple rules.
How to prepare for the measurement of blood pressure?
- Before measuring a pressure of about 15 minutes did not change the position of the body.
- Try to relax completely.
- The cuff should be approximately at the level of the heart.
- Lower the air out of it try to slow. Fluctuations arrows and audio tones to be guided which is often not the same.
- Make sure that none of the hoses or sphygmomanometer stethoscope was not strangled or kinked — it can be very difficult measurement or distort the results.
That can affect the performance of blood pressure?
- A cigarette smoked less than half an hour before the measurement of pressure.
- Coffee, tea and other tonics.
- Food intake (before measuring your blood pressure do not eat).
- Emotional stress or prior exercise.
Sometimes, before the first clear tone (he points to the level of systolic blood pressure), abnormal noises. If you do not have time to "catch" the first tone before returning to pump up the cuff, release all the air out of it. To obtain a more accurate, repeat the procedure in a minute. BP is accepted as true the smaller of the two values. Pressure should be measured in both arms. If the difference is more than 15 mm Hg. Art, hurry to see a doctor — it could be a symptom of
Of all the devices for measuring blood pressure (blood pressure monitors) are the most accurate mercury, followed by the membrane, and the most accurate are, unfortunately, very easy to use — electronic.