The problems involved in polyps
The main method of diagnosis of polyps colonoscopy — examination section of the intestine of one meter using a special endoscope is introduced into the anus. The endoscope is passed through the bends of the intestine, through all its restrictions. This procedure must undergo every person over 50. If a family has, cancers of the colon, colonoscopy should then take place on a regular basis, starting with a younger age.
Before the colonoscopy doctor may order:
- fecal occult blood;
- irrigoscopy — X-ray examination of the intestine by means of contrast medium administered by enema;
- a digital rectal examination and sigmoidoscopy — an endoscopic procedure in which a portion of the intestine is inspected to 30 cm (straight and part of the sigmoid colon). The tool is a metal tube equipped with special optics, illumination and a set of tweezers for biopsy (piece of tissue for further study).
- In several European countries, such as Germany, used a massive, simple and relatively inexpensive method for detecting polyps —
gemokkult test(Materials sent to him by mail). With the help of special chemical reactions it brings out even the most insignificant amount of blood in the stool. Blood appears in the stool, even at very small polyps in the bowel. Thus, one can diagnose polyps and tumors colon in people who have nothing on complaining.
- Even more ingenious technology was invented in Japan in the toilet is mounted a sensor that reacts to the presence of blood in the stool. The sensor is connected to a computer, which coupled with the general medical network, carrying out surveillance of each connected to her apartment. In the case of "alarm" is a family medical staff for examination.
This attention to polyps associated with the fact that
Conservative treatment of colon polyps is futile. Any polyp, detected by colonoscopy should be surgically removed and examined under a microscope. Timely removal of small, almost always asymptomatic polyps colon— The main measure to prevent colon cancer.
Surgical treatment polyps colon performed using endoscopic equipment. In the anus introduce a flexible endoscope (such endoscope is colonoscopy), equipped with a loop electrode, which captures, clamped and cut off the leg of a polyp. To cauterize polyps and colon sections used electrocoagulation. Large polyps removed piecemeal.
In multiple polyposis spend abdominal surgery — remove part of the colon. Remote polyp (Or polyps) are sent for histological examination, which allows you to determine whether there is a malignant transformation of a polyp or not.
Endoscopic removal of polyps is well tolerated, painless, it is used without general anesthesia and analgesia, bowel injury is minimal. The patient is already on the next day can be discharged from the hospital. When removing part of the colon treatment more complex, the longer the recovery period.
After removal of polyps larger (greater than 2 cm), multiple polyps (5 or more) and villous adenomas of any size need a control endoscopy after a year. If new polyps are found, a colonoscopy is repeated every three years.
During the first two years is likely recurrence of polyps in the same place — it happens in 13% of patients. 7% of polyps can develop in other parts of the colon.
- The presence of roughage in the diet (cabbage, beets, turnips, squash, apples, pumpkins).
- Preferred vegetable oils.
- Decreased intake of beer and alcoholic beverages that contribute to the development of tumors of the intestine.