Sugar diabetes associated with metabolic disorders, it is based on the lack of assimilation of glucose. Type 2 diabetes often occurs against obesity.
In any type of diabetes plays an important role proper nutrition. In the mild form of type 2 diabetes diet is the primary method of treatment. With moderate and severe form of the disease diet should be combined with taking hypoglycemic drugs or insulin.
What is the "bread unit?"
How to determine the required rate of uglevodosoderzhaschih products? All they differ significantly in their physical properties, composition and caloric content. Measure
Bread unit — A kind of "scoop" for the calculation of carbohydrates. Regardless of the type and quantity of the product, whether bread or apple, bread unit comprises one
Bread unit has been introduced specifically for patients with diabetes mellitus receiving insulin. After all, for them it is important to observe the daily requirement of carbohydrates daily, corresponding to the insulin injected. Otherwise, they may be increased or decreased blood sugar — hyper-or hypoglycemia. With the introduction of the concept of a bread unit patients with diabetes were able to make the right menu, correctly substituting some other carbohydrate-containing foods.
For example, 1 bread unit corresponds to
A day in the human body must be received approximately
Principles of Clinical Nutrition
The diet should be physiologically competent:
- The amount of energy in the diet should be equal to the energy needs of the patient.
- Protein, fat, carbohydrates should be balanced.
- Meal of the day —
For people with diabetes who are overweight to strengthen the feeling of fullness, you need to include in the diet vegetables such as fresh and pickled cabbage, lettuce, spinach, peas, cucumbers, tomatoes. To improve the function of the liver, which is significantly affected by diabetes, should be administered in the diet foods containing lipotropic factors (cottage cheese, soy, oatmeal, etc.), as well as to limit in the diet meat, fish broth and fried foods.
There are several variants of diets for diabetics, but almost home, you can use one (diet 9), which can be easily adapted to the treatment of any patient, eliminating or adding individual products or meal.
Permitted to be included in the diet:
- Bread and bakery products — mainly black bread (
grams per day, as directed by the doctor). 200-350
- Soups with vegetable broth over low meat and fish broth with a small amount of vegetables (
times per week). 1-2
- Meat and poultry meat (beef, veal, lean pork, turkey, rabbit boiled or jellied form).
- Fish dishes, mostly low-fat (perch, cod, ling, saffron cod, carp and others in boiled or jellied form).
- Dishes and side dishes of vegetables (leafy greens, cabbage (cabbage, cauliflower), lettuce, turnips, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini, potatoes, beets, carrots) in boiled, cheese and baked.
- Dishes and side dishes from cereals, legumes, pasta (in limited quantities, occasionally, while reducing the amount of grain in the diet).
- Eggs (no more than 2 units per day in the form of an omelette or boiled, and to add to other dishes).
- Acid and
varieties of fruits and berries (Antonov apples, lemons, oranges, red currant, cranberry, etc.) up to 200 grams per day in raw form, as a compote on xylitol or sorbitol. As authorized by the doctor, you can use sweet dishes specially prepared diabetic products. sweet-sour
- Milk — to resolve the doctor, yogurt, buttermilk (of
glasses a day), cheese ( 1-2 grams per day) in physical form or in the form of curd, cheese cakes and puddings. 50-200
- Non-spicy sauces with vegetable broth with vinegar,
roots, as well as dairy. tomato puree,
- Tea with milk, coffee rather weak, tomato juice,
juices (of fluid along with the soup to 5 cups aday). fruit and berry
- Butter oil (total 40 grams per day in the free form and cooking).
Diabetic food should be rich in vitamins, so it is useful to introduce the diet of beer and baking yeast, broth hips.
- candy, chocolate, confectionery, baking, jam, honey, ice cream and other sweets;
- sharp, spicy, salty and smoked snacks and dishes, lamb and pork fat;
- pepper, mustard;
- alcoholic beverages;
- grapes, bananas, raisins;
- Sugar is allowed only in small quantities at a doctor's permission.