Many people suffer from ridicule about the shape and size of its ear. Heavy complexes unhappy owners droopy ears trying to hide under a long hair — but if women it's easy enough to do, that men are much more complicated. The problem is not only that develop a sense of inferiority, sometimes it has a negative impact on your career and personal life.
Here is what the Renaissance wrote about an Italian monk committed ears Agnoulo Firenzuola
Modern aesthetic criteria evaluate the proportion of ears more clearly: the upper point of attachment of the ear is located at the outer corner of the eye, the lower — about the level of the tip of the nose. The average length of an adult human ear is 6.5 cm, width — 3.5 cm in length lobe — 1
Despite the ancient roots of the problem, solve it surgically started relatively recently — 150 years ago. During this time, plastic surgeons are able to develop many ways to not only correct droopy ears, but also the shape of ears, as well as recovery of lost due to injury or missing from birth fragments ears.
Thus, otoplasty can be divided into aesthetic and reconstructive. Most often, surgeons perform aesthetic surgery. They are simple and short. The essence of most of the operations is to move and excision of excess cartilage, skin, and fixing them in a new position.
Indications for otoplasty
- Correction other congenital deformities ears
- Correction of the cup-shaped ears
- Restoring a torn ear lobe
- Recovery of lost ear
The vast majority of calls to the surgeons due
List of congenital deformities
- Anotia — no ear
- Rudiments of the ear (only lobe)
- Microtia (small, dropped, rolled, flat, ingrown ear sink)
- Deformation of the lobes
- The deformation of the navel (pointy ear sink, angled deployed curl)
- Makrotiya — increased throughout auricular sink or parts thereof
All congenital anomalies can be corrected surgically.
- Severe diseases of the internal organs
- Infectious diseases
In the preoperative period, the patient is losing blood tests (general, for syphilis, hepatitis viruses and HIV). If surgery is performed under general anesthesia, the additional rent biochemical analysis of blood and urine tests, an electrocardiogram performed and fluoroscopy.
2 weeks prior to surgery is not advisable to take drugs affecting coagulation (eg, aspirin, anti-cough). If general anesthesia is necessary for the day before the operation to "dump" the day (light food in small quantities), and in the morning before the surgery did not eat or drink. Before surgery to wash my hair.
Operation otoplasty is performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia (intravenous anesthesia). Operative time 1 to 2 hours. The choice of anesthesia depends on the chosen method of rhinoplasty surgeon.
The stages of correction of droopy ears
- labeling of tissue to be excised
- local anesthesia
- excision of excess skin in the crease behind the pinna
- movement and / or remove cartilage fragments
- fixation of cartilage in the new position
- cosmetic sutures on the skin
- the imposition of a compression bandage
Stages of Recovery ear
- production and introduction into the skin of the cartilaginous skeleton pocket (of cartilage VI, VII or VIII of the ribs)
- 2 months — plastic ear lobe
- 2 months — rising pinna (Formation of the space behind the ear)
- 6 weeks — tragus formation and deepening of the pinna
- Subcutaneous hematoma (the risk is increased in patients who smoke, disappear on their own after
- Inflammatory changes in the skin and cartilage (in people with lowered immunity)
- Hypertrophic scars in place of skin sutures (occurs when the individual propensity of the skin to develop hypertrophic scars)
The postoperative period
- stay in a hospital under the supervision of the doctor on duty — 3 hours (the operation took place under local anesthesia), 1day (In the case of general anesthesia)
- sutures are removed on the 7th day, after 3 days you can wash your hair
- day and wearing a compression bandage for
3-6weeks of pressure bandage is put on the night (bandage on the cotton pad, it protects cartilage from deformation)
- restriction heavy exercise for 10 — 14 days after surgery
- swelling of the skin reaches a maximum at
2-3day after otoplasty, then it starts to decrease and eventually disappear within 3-4weeks
- In the first month after the operation sensitivity of the skin of ears can be reduced
- to sport with intense physical exercise can begin in 2 months
Source: Medical center "Paracelsus 2001"