Get your hands on a blood test, a pregnant woman sometimes horrified by comparing their results and the results of the "norm." However, nothing wrong with that: the fact is that during pregnancy has its own "rules." Meanwhile, blood tests abound scary and confusing names, and not to be afraid of uncertainty, it makes sense to understand the terms.
Pregnancy affects the results of a general analysis of blood. Such indicators as hemoglobin andhematocrit may decline in the second half of pregnancy, andleucocytes, on the contrary, may be increased.
Coagulation — a measure of blood clotting. In normal pregnancy, the activity of the blood coagulation system increases.
3rdmonth of pregnancy increases the level of Fibrinogen, reaches a maximum value at the time of delivery. Gynecologists recommend to monitor this indicator 1 per trimester, if deviations — 1 time per week.
- Also increases the activity of the internal mechanism of blood coagulation, thus marked shortening of the analysis of the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT).
- Change during pregnancy and other parts of the blood coagulation system, in particular, the activity of a substance that prevents blood from clotting — Antithrombin III. As your pregnancy progresses there is a gradual decrease in the activity of this indicator.
At the same time, lupus anticoagulant normally not be produced pregnant.
Changes in coagulogram pregnant — is a natural physiological process associated with the emergence of
Biochemical analysis of blood
- When pregnancy is usually marked reduction total protein concentration in plasma. This is due to the partial blood dilution
because ofincrease its total volume, but may also occur as a result of fluid retention in the body, hemodynamic instability, increasing the permeability of blood vessels during pregnancy.
- As for the protein fractions, the first and second trimester of pregnancy decreases the level ofAlbumin. In the third trimester, there is an increase
alpha-1-globulin fractionalpha-fetoprotein. Alpha-2 globulin fractionmay also increase due to protein associated with pregnancy (beginning to rise with 8-12week of pregnancy and reach a peak in the III trimester). Beta- andgamma globulin also increase.
- Minor changes
C-reactive squirrel, observed more frequently in the early stages of pregnancy may be the body's reaction to the amplification process of cell division in the growth and development of the baby.
- The change in blood volume (CBV) and renal blood flow leads to changes in renal excretory function. A delay and accumulation of nitrogenous substances, with the level of Ureadecreases, especially in the later stages of pregnancy. Data Creatinine decrease in the maximum
I-IItrimester (its concentration can be reduced by almost 1.5 times), which is associated with an increase in muscle mass of the uterus and the baby. Level uric acid often reduced by increasing the blood supply to the kidneys. But even small irregularities in the kidneys can lead to an increase of the indicator, and it is regarded as a possible symptom of intoxication.
- Changes significantly during pregnancy fat metabolism. Since the enhanced metabolic processes in the body, increasing performance cholesterol, HDL.
- During pregnancy, increased levels of Insulin. The indicator reflects the level of insulin — is
C-peptide.The level of glucose may change little or no change. In a normal pregnancy and glucose can be detected in the urine (usually on term 27-36weeks of pregnancy). This occurs because increasing the rate of filtration pregnant urine through the kidneys.
- The features of mineral metabolism in healthy pregnant women compared to non-pregnant women is a delay in the body sodium, potassium, chloride, phosphorus.
- During pregnancy, usually increases the level of alkaline phosphatase. It is caused by changes of the bone, as well as by the liver.
- It is known that during pregnancy the need for increased calcium salts, which are necessary for the formation of the skeleton baby. Therefore, there may be a shortage of mothers Calcium, which sometimes manifests itself in muscle spasms.
- Increased consumption of gland pregnant body can lead to a reduction in the level and the development of iron deficiency anemia. In addition, there may be a decline in ferritin, Vitamin B12.
Analysis on hormones
- During pregnancy, increased levels of hormones Estrogen. These changes contribute to the deposition of fat in the breasts, waist and buttocks.
- The pituitary gland, especially the anterior lobe, pregnant increases. At the same time may increase the level of pituitary hormones — ACTH andProlactin.
- Placenta also have hormonal activity. It produces progesterone, free estriol, human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG).
- Undergoing change andthyroid. It is slightly increased, and in the first half of pregnancy marked its hyperfunction. Accordingly, there is some increase in the levels of thyroid hormones, e.g., free T4. Also, there is a growing function of the parathyroid glands, which is expressing a relative increase PTH.
- Production follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) during pregnancy reduced.
So that expectant mothers should not worry