Liver profile — a set of specific blood tests, which allows to diagnose diseases of the liver and gall bladder.
What are the indications for liver profile?
- liver disease;
What do the indicators of liver profile?
1) Total protein— An indicator of the total amount of protein in the blood. Reduction of the total protein in plasma observed in severe liver disease (due to the protein synthesis liver cells).
Normal values of total protein:
2) AST (AST, aspartate aminotransferase) — one of the key enzymes synthesized in the liver. Normally, the content of this enzyme in serum is low, since much of it is in the hepatocytes (liver cells).
The normal values of AST:
- women — up to 31 U / L;
- male — to 37 U / l.
3) ALT (ALT, alanine aminotransferase) — an enzyme synthesized by the liver. Most of the work and it is in the liver, therefore normal ALT concentration in the blood is low.
The normal values of ALT:
- Women — to 34 U / L;
- male — 45 U / l.
4) The total bilirubin— The yellow pigment of blood, which is formed by the breakdown of hemoglobin, myoglobin and cytochromes.
Normal values of total bilirubin: 3.4 — 17.1 mmol / l.
5) Bilirubin (Conjugated bilirubin related) — fraction of total bilirubin
Normal values of direct bilirubin: 0 — 7.9 mmol / l.
6) Unconjugated bilirubin (Unconjugated bilirubin, free) — the difference between the rates of total and direct bilirubin.
Normal values of indirect bilirubin: <19 mmol / l.
7) Gamma-GT (Gamma-glutamyl) — enzyme contained mainly in the liver and pancreas.
The normal value of gamma-GT:
- male <55 IU / l
- women <38 U / L
Alkaline phosphatase — An enzyme that is widely distributed in human tissues. Most clinical significance liver and bone shape alkaline phosphatase activity which is determined in serum.
The normal values of alkaline phosphatase:
9) Cholesterol (Total cholesterol) — the main blood lipid, which comes into contact with food, and is synthesized by the liver cells.
Normal levels of cholesterol:
What kind of training is needed to study?
One day prior to blood sampling is necessary to exclude alcohol intake, for 1 hour — smoking. Blood collection is desirable to produce an empty stomach in the morning. Between the last meal and taking a blood sample should be at least 12 hours. Juice, tea, coffee is not allowed. You can drink the water. Necessary to eliminate the increased psycho-emotional and physical stress.
What are the dates of performance analysis?