Gastritis— Inflammation of the lining (inside) of the stomach. Distinguish between acute and chronic gastritis.
Sharp gastritis — an acute inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach, which occurs when short term exposure of strong stimuli. Acute gastritis occur suddenly and be severe, often accompanied by the formation of so-called erosions (small defects in the mucosa) of the stomach and the development of bleeding. Fromacute gastritis should be distinguished exacerbation of chronic (existing gastritis).
The causes of acute gastritis
- Excessive alcohol intake;
- The use of (accidentally or intentionally) acids, alkalis and other toxic substances;
- The use of certain drugs, in particular so-called high doses of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g., aspirin);
- Complication of severe disease (eg, myocardial infarction, stroke, hepatic or renal failure), trauma, burns, operations, life-threatening conditions — the so-called acute stressor gastritis;
- Some infections (cytomegalovirus (especially in patients with
HIV-infection), severe staphylococcal infection, etc.);
- Severe radiation poisoning;
- In rare cases, acute gastritis associated with infection by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (Helicobacter pylori)
What are the symptoms?
As a rule, there is belching, heaviness and sharp pain in the epigastric region, nausea, vomiting, weakness, and dizziness. In some patients there is vomiting or content of brown mixed with blood. Through
Most of the patients had not previously suffered from diseases of the stomach and intestines.
Diagnosis and treatment
For the diagnosis of acute gastritis performed a gastroscopy, which is right call esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD).
Treatment of acute gastritis is usually responsible
First of all, should be established, and, if possible, eliminated, the reason that has led to acute damage to the stomach. Sometimes you need a gastric lavage. During the first day of the disease are advised to refrain from eating. Later assigned diet food — mucous soups, jelly, jelly, etc.
If bleeding is used intravenous drugs that reduce the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Furthermore, means are assigned to promote healing erosions by forming a protective "film" on the surface thereof — Venter, sucralfate, etc.