Supplements call panacea is clearly premature. The pros and cons so far heard, perhaps, equally loud. Professionals working with Badami tracking or general laws of their impact on health care a number of important issues.
Highlighted some negative aspects arising from prolonged and uncontrolled use BUD.
1. Insufficient knowledge of their actions, and, therefore, the existence of BUD with unconfirmed efficiency. Example — antioxidants. It seemed that the future belonged to them in the prevention of cancer and coronary heart disease. However, these hopes had come true. Large-scale studies have shown that supplementation with beta-carotene not only eliminate the cancer and heart attacks, but may contribute to their occurrence. The issue was so serious that even the WHO has launched an appeal, in which it called on to give up such additives.
2. Side effects that have members of the components of dietary supplements. For example:
- St. John's wort prolongs action anesthetics, and therefore must be canceled at the upcoming anesthesia.
- Ginkgo biloba reduces blood clotting, so dangerous for pregnant women, as well as for those who have an operation.
- Mint in the application threatens pregnant miscarriages.
- Senna — dehydration and intestinal atony.
- Ginseng, which is part of a large number of dietary supplements toning group is contraindicated in hypertension and tachycardia.
- Chrome which present in many Badakh, prednazanachennyh for weight correction, can cause kidney damage when used in high doses.
3. Insufficient knowledge of the compatibility of incoming components.
4. The risk of overdose.
5. Content inBadakh potent medicinal components.
6. Unpredictable interaction of dietary supplements with other drugs that people take.
7. Adverse action Dietary supplements on the fetus during pregnancy.
8. Fuzzy doctor's advice on the application of BUD.
9. In some Badakh used components of animal origin, which may be a risk of developing diseases such as prion (mad cow disease, bovine encephalitis).