When call the doctor?
Necessary call the doctor at home:
- If you suspect a sore throat in young children.
- At a temperature of more than 38.5 in adults? C.
- If there is swelling of the neck and pain when turning the head.
- If you can not swallow food or having difficulty breathing.
Depending on the patient, you can either call a doctor from the clinic, or call the "first aid". In other cases you need to self-refer to the clinic.
What to do before the arrival of the doctor?
Prior to establishing an accurate diagnosis can facilitate their condition by the following means:
- Paracetamol: adults 1 g (2 tablets of 500 mg) dose of children in the age
- Throat spray with antimicrobial activity and analgesic component, for example, Tantum Verde.
- Gargling with warm salt water 1 teaspoon of salt in a glass of water.
- Bed rest, drinking plenty of fluids.
Doctor be able to establish the exact diagnosis, give direction to the analysis and write antibiotics. Without a doctor's prescription antibiotics can not.