Leave without problems

Get out of town, we all strive to take the children on nature. But the joy of summer cottages can greatly overshadowed by a cloud of pesky "neighbors." Just one bite can cause a disaster if your baby is allergic to insects.

So what do you do if

  • Child bitten by a bee

Quickly remove the sting, along with a bag containing the poison. The bite treated with a solution of hydrogen peroxide and, if possible, apply ice or a hot water bottle with cold water. This will slow down the absorption of bee venom. In strengthening the local skin reaction, treat the bite with a corticosteroid ointment. However, with repeated bites or the first sign of a systemic reaction of the organism (the appearance of swelling of soft tissues not only in the site of the bite, fever, symptoms of intoxication), give your child an antiallergic drug (for example, Suprastin) and be sure to see your doctor.

  • Child bitten by a wasp (bumble bee, hornet)

Unlike bees, these insects do not sting left in the wound. The recommendations are the same as that of a bee sting. In repeated stings of wasps, in children with allergic diseases is rapidly developing allergy and wasp venom.

  • if you are allergic caught by surprise

Antihistamines can help with fast action, such as Suprastin. Many years of experience has shown suprastin medication safety. Its widespread use is due to the rapid anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory action and soothing effect tends to benefit the patient. This gives suprastin additional value in cases involving child with stressful conditions (painful bite insect). The drug acts quickly on any allergic reactions and emergency conditions. Due to good tolerability preparation is the only antihistamine permitted in children from the first month of life.

Olga Chernova,

PhD

There are contraindications.  Should consult a specialist.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: