A large number of myths and fantasies, which appeared recently about global warming and climate change, said that many people do not understand the essence of the problem, but do strange conclusions. We suggest you find out what the very popular myth today that comment and debunk specialists.
1) climate changes early. Earth's climate responds to forces that have influenced him, but human activities — is the most significant force.
2) all the fault of the sun. Over the last 35 years of global warming Solar activity and climate are quite the opposite.
3) Warming — it's not so bad. The negative impact of global warming on agriculture, health and the environment is much more superior to the positive.
4) The causes of global warming much. 97 percent of the experts on climate believe that the main cause of global warming — human activities.
5) We still cold in the winter. From 2000 to 2010, is considered the hottest record since the beginning of weather observations.
6) The data is not particularly accurate. The temperature is very carefully collected all over the world on land and over the oceans since 1900. Temperature is fixed satellites and thermometers in the same parts of the world, in cities and rural areas.
7) Plants and animals can adapt. Global warming could cause mass extinction of species that can not adapt in such a short period of time.
This was said nothing until 1998. The hottest year on record is 2010, although the trend to a sharp rise in temperature began in 2005. Since the 1970's in the newspapers for information about what is coming global warming.
9) The level of ice in Antarctica increased. Satellites show that the ice in Antarctica, on the contrary, melts and every year more quickly.
10) Ocean Acidification is not so serious. History shows that if carbon dioxide levels rise quickly, it could lead to massive loss of coral reefs, and hence the entire ecosystems.
11) The Hurricanes are not linked to global warming. There is growing evidence that severe storms are a result of global warming.
12) The glaciers are growing. Many glaciers are disappearing, raising serious problems for those who use the water of the glaciers.
13) all the fault of cosmic radiation. Cosmic radiation had no influence over the past 30 years and, therefore, had no influence on the recent changes in global temperature.
14) sea-level rise is exaggerated. Various measurements confirm that global sea levels over the past 100 years is growing.
15) Mars too hot. Not all areas of the planet Mars is hot.
16) The melting of Arctic ice — a natural process. Thick layers of ice around Antarctica are melting at a rapid rate.
17) The evaporation of water is the most greenhouse gases.
Increasing levels of carbon dioxide increases the evaporation of water into the atmosphere, which makes the problem of global warming more seriously.
18) satellites do not show that there is a change in the temperature of the troposphere. The most recent data suggest that the Earth as a whole is heated.
19) In the past, carbon dioxide levels were higher. When carbon dioxide levels were higher, the sun was colder.
20) Scientists can not even accurately predict the weather. Weather and climate — different things. Weather details have nothing to do with climate predictions.
21) Volcanoes emit more carbon dioxide than humans. Human activity helps release 100 times more carbon dioxide than volcanoes
22) Carbon dioxide comes from the oceans. Oceans absorb large amounts of carbon dioxide and, as a result, become oxidized.
23) Reducing carbon emissions will not stop the warming. If all countries agree to reduce the amount released into the atmosphere of harmful gas emissions, it will greatly benefit the planet.
24) Renewable energy is too expensive. If you count both the costs associated with the burning of coal and other fossil fuels, as well as how much money is spent on air cleaning and treatment, we can understand that these costs are much higher than those that could be used for renewable fuels.
25) is too difficult to prevent global warming.
Scientific studies show that modern technology can seriously reduce the amount of harmful gases that cause the greenhouse effect, and this will be sufficient to avoid dangerous climate change.