When reading a biography of most versions of Nikolai Dyrenkova — there is very confusing question of how could so long to act in the USSR adventurer, not issuing any on-mountain (not including anecdotal D-8) with respect to the mass car? Maybe it? The whole story says to us that the answer is "no" means …? Means that we do not know something. For example, the fact that bronedreziny Dyrenkova consisted in a series of mass (more than 30 pieces only the most weighty, D-2), produced by several plants and were in service until the end of the 40s, at least. So if in the area Dyrenkov Tank-Automotive and left on for themselves a good memory, the railway armor — showed himself as the creator albeit somewhat buggy (this is discussed later on), but completely successful models of military equipment.
The most significant contribution was the aforementioned Dyrenkova propelled motobronevagon D-2, filled in Hercules engine 93 horsepower and the unique design of the gearbox Dyrenkova, with 4 speeds and reverse. The hulls with a width of 10-16mm sheets firmly defended the car from bullets and shrapnel — and armament was, without exaggeration, a very, very massive. In the 2-Tower is 76.2-mm cannon protivoshturmovye obr.1913 year (the forerunner polkovushek obr.1927) with a coaxial machine gun DT-29, 3rd DT machine-gun was in the rotary commander's cupola (from the tank MC-1, by the way), and the main machine gun armament was four (!) machine gun "Maxim", arranged in pairs along the sides of the body.
According to the results of tests in the design bronedreziny brought a huge number of configurations, the main of which can be considered perceptible increase in body size (to improve habitability and autonomy), non-rotating commander's cupola and its replacement by motionless cutting, fitting into one of the towers of the anti-aircraft 2 — uh machine gun "Maxim" (all means. they became 6 (!)), and the most important — "not long" guns were changed to real divizionki obr.1902/30 years.
Plus, Hercules engine was changed to 90-horsepower motor Yaroslavl, brought a lot of improvements in the box, equipped with radios, etc. bronedreziny. In the end, the amount of rework was quite significant. that markedly delayed the arrival on bronedrezin armament NKVD troops for the protection of railways. Instead of schedule — the end of 1932 — the first from the factory Mozherez acted solely in the middle of 1933, and more or less in commercial quantities only went to the end. In Moscow was ranked 15 bronedrezin D-2 standard-type. Kolomna same Kaluga factory just hit the order fulfillment from it and were eventually released. Their volumes were transferred to the Bryansk on plant "Reddish Profintern" which and released another 15 bronedrezin, completing their release in July 1934.
Another first in 1933, when just started renting serial D-2 customer, UMM Red Army stopped using motobronevagonov design Dyrenkova to arm bronepoezdnyh parts of the Red Army. The tests showed that the serial D-2 do not fit well in the curves of railways, difficult to maintain (eg, for Polga repair gearboxes and motors had to remove the tower and the highest part of the body), their transmission is unreliable and asks unfrequented adjustment. Because UMM Red Army decided to transfer all the serial D-2 transport department of the OGPU which by this time, had in his own possession motobronevagony Dr W, L-6, and the most experienced D-2 standard. These broneedinitsy assigned security and defense railway facilities in the border regions of Russian Union. Organizational motobronevagony were part of the mouth of BIE — 3 units plus Armored locomotive — and could act as without the help of others, and as part of an armored train. In February 1939 motobronevagonov company became part of the management made head of the NKVD of the USSR for the protection of railway facilities
All during the Russian Lofty was lost in battle seven motobronevagonov D-2, which has been refurbished by the Germans, are willing to include them in the composition of their own armored trains. And those bronevagony that survived the war — continued to serve directly to physical deterioration, until the end of the 40s.