Anyone who has traveled to Oshkosh from Chicago on 41 th road, probably remembers that on the border of Illinois and Wisconsin, to the left on the movement, perfectly visible from the highway small fenced field, completely cluttered airplanes, trucks, helicopters and tanks. From the road it looks more like some kind of backyard recycling facility or parking area is very used cars for parts — but in fact it was all personal war museum, which we did not fail to visit. So, Russel Military Museum, Russel, IL. At the entrance to the museum building meets us tank M-3 Stuart.
1. Entrance fee $ 10 a head, and we annotation, "do not pull, do not crush, do not get involved where not open", as good as in Russia. We go into the only room of the museum hangar, there is enough cramped, placing and laid a huge number of exhibits are full-scale engineering standards, such as this self-propelled M-7 Priest, where he served in Germany Tipo Elvis himself.
2. Near helicopter Hiller OH-23 Raven since the Vietnam War.
3. Many different engines, it's Pratt & Whitney R-985 Junior Wasp.
4. But the most noticeable mashines this one! What could it be? Bimbo modification of the Mi-24?
5. Rear view.
6. Without papers you will not understand, is it no more, no less, and the Russian shock tilt-rotor prototype, almost Osprey.
7. Found on the web photos of delivery of this unit museum, very curious as to who did it, for what movie?
8. Go out into the yard, on the website of the museum says that it is used by local volunteers as restoration base and they have already repaired SUV and M38 disassembled CH-53 helicopter. The first sign of the presence of volunteers, barbecues, is located.
9. Here it is repaired SUV, excellent job.
10. This freed from unnecessary parts of the helicopter, it is curious why they did so.
11. Do not habitually build giant Sea Stallion without chassis, engines and tail. On the other hand, we can estimate the size of his truck cab.
12. Before the other hand exhibits restorers apparently not concerned. Plane U-9 Aero Commander 500.
14. Tablets also unfortunate not enough, it seems to Navy Seals Light Strike Vehicle (?).
15. This, according to the inscription, fighting machine guards. In the background, the Mi-24.
16. But he himself.
17. The fuselage trainer aircraft T-38 NASA.
18. This F-16C, also without lifting surfaces. They are spread out all over the floor.
20. And still there.
21. A couple more views of the aircraft.
23. Due to the number of armored cars looks tail F-15.
24. And here he is, on the lawn.
25. Helicopter crane CH-54 armored vehicle with a suspended.
26. One of the numerous Hummers.
27. Ass tank M-60.
28. The remains of a training aircraft T-33.
29. Fighter F-84F Thunderstreak.
30. What is left of the attack aircraft carrier-based A-7 Corsair II.
31. The engine Allison J33.
32. This T-38 looks relatively normal.
33. In contrast, the OV-1 Mowhawk.
34. The rare bird — an unmanned helicopter antisubmarine QH-50 coaxial.
35. Cabin from the cargo helicopter CH-47.
36. The range of helicopters UH-1 Huey.
38. Helicopter AH-1 Cobra.
39. CH-34 Choctaw.
40. A number of carriers flying gusenechnyh M-548.
41. A copy of the Abrams tank for filming.
42. Tank M-48 Patton.
43. Gusenechny tractor M-4.
44. Truck M-35.
45. We have to somehow wrap — SUV M-151 is buried in the grass and surrounded by rows of army trucks.
Se lo museum in the American heartland. Despite the razderbanennost and neglect more exhibits to look at the whole thing was very curious, and the absence of certain parts made it possible to examine the exhibits in detail. The purpose of the existence of such a museum is not very clear, was to ask some, the uncle who sold us the tickets was out, and we continued on its own path.
And I realized that I like the dump.