With what do you associate the phrase "further education"? Usually it is associated with singing, dancing, drawing, or even how fine art. Meanwhile, additional education can be a very fundamental-scientific. And still be interesting and exciting. We are talking about scientific circles for schoolchildren.
Why do we need scientific circles?
- Scientific children's sections do allow to significantly expand the scope of the curriculum, not in the dry theory, but in most that neither is a lively practice. Children learn to work with these instruments (microscopes, telescopes, etc.), study plants and animals, ride the exciting expedition.
- Such activities often determines your child's future profession. Agree that career guidance is at school age — a very useful thing.
- It often happens that a child in the class, for whatever reasons, no friends. In this case, a circle or a study group may be present outlet — because there are going to like-minded people. And no matter what they have in common — the love of insects, archaeological sites or freshwater ecosystems — the main thing that they have common interests and, as a minimum, the topic for conversation.
Where to find them?
If you live near the former Palace of the pioneers of the district (now likely called the Palace of creativity and leisure centers), consider yourself lucky. Scientific circles and sections in these institutions have a long history, they are often highly qualified high school teachers are passionate about their business (by the way, many of them are out of these circles).
Another option — a private or neighborhood school. In this case, you can save time on the road — and not only on time but also on the forces.
Typically, information about good clubs and leaders pass "word of mouth", so it makes sense to talk with neighbors in the stairwell or the parents of your child's classmates.
But there is also the official sources: reference books on school and adult education. There is, for example, "Telephone directory of educational institutions in the city of Moscow." There you can find the phone numbers and the core, and corrective and supplementary education in the districts.
What are the scientific circles?
If your child beckon stars and distant planets, shop mugs by space. In the study groups can be studied astronomy and space exploration. "Entertaining astronomy" learn first-graders are in the middle grades, you can try your hand at the general astrophysics and planetary science and astrophysics of high school students are available computer and telescope making.
The young lovers of nature will approach Station naturalists or training group specializing in environmental education. Primary school students learn the basics of biology, entomology, ecology, plants and animals. In grades 5-8 can take zoogeographer, ornithology (the study of birds), zoology and florist. In high school, scientific opportunities novice naturalists significantly expanded — biophysics, experimental chemistry, general medicine, etc. Fans of dinosaurs and other prehistoric beauty from the second form can study ancient animals, and in the fifth grade to engage in paleontology.
There are circles and Starter geologists. The classes are not only familiar with the minerals and rocks, but also go to these expeditions — to the Caucasus, the Crimea, on the shore of Lake Baikal, on the Curonian Spit and the Baltic, the White Sea, etc. And it's not just entertainment — these guys write research papers, participate in scientific readings.
If a child is fascinated by history, a great idea for him to be Archaeological circle. Not from the pictures, and the "live" he acquainted with ancient history and the basics of archeology, will take part in an archaeological expedition.
But in fact, the specialization circle — is not the most important factor that should influence your choice. How not to make a mistake in choosing the club?
Three conditions for success
- Choose a teacher! A true professional, passionate about their work, may be interested in everything and everybody. It is important that it fits your child in temperament. So if someone told you about a wonderful teacher, first make sure it is right for your child. This can be done at the Open Day, or just looking for classes mug at any time of the year.
- Consider the way. Tedious road, with several transfers can negate the entire effect of training. And the younger the child is, the more essential for you to be a factor.
- Be interested in the new knowledge and skills that a child receives in the.
With that education, we become more and more paid, most scientific circles and sections are free. That is good news. If in sports clubs or art studios will have to pay not only for training but also for special equipment or gear, the scientific passion for your offspring will not affect the family budget. With some devices it will work directly in the classroom, and if need be, for example, in the electron microscope or a telescope for the serious professional research, then head almost always have friends and acquaintances in various academic institutions to help with advice and equipment .
Thank you DNTTM, branch of the Moscow City Palace of children and teenagers, for assistance in the preparation of the material