Many people complain of ageincontinence urine. In Russia, this disease affects 15 to 40% of the population — the older the better (and more recently the trend towards younger illness). However, the true prevalence of this very intimate state is difficult to judge, since many patients conceal it.
What are the reasons?
The most common cause of urinary incontinence is a weakening of the pelvic floor muscles that support the organs of the urinary system (in a healthy person the pelvic floor muscles tight to compress the urethra until it is time to release uric bubble). However, any movement of the diaphragm, to put pressure on the bladder (coughing, sneezing, laughing), can lead to involuntary release of urine.
Temporary incontinence symptoms may be caused by infections of the urinary organs. Also, the phenomenon of incontinence can occur
Types of Incontinence
- Stress incontinence— A urine during exercise, coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or other body movements, which lead to pressure on the bladder.
- Urinary motivation— The inability to hold urine long enough to reach the toilet. This is very common in people who have diabetes, seizures, dementia, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis. It may also be an early sign of bladder cancer (in males is enlargement of the prostate is often a sign). May occur in healthy older people.
Often, even during a thorough physical examination and specific tests can not determine the cause of incontinence, and even to choose the best method of treatment, but in some cases may require ultrasound and X-ray examination of the bladder, cystoscopy (visual examination of the bladder), and sometimes a urodynamic study (measurement of the degree of Filling and emptying rate bladder). Also performed standard urine and its crops on the microflora.
Mild incontinence treatment is conservative, apply:
- electrical muscle stimulation of the perineum;
- Kegel exercises are aimed at strengthening the pelvic floor muscles;
- medicines that improve the tone of the reflex apparatus of the bladder;
- introduction of collagen, blood plasma, etc. okolouretralnoe space in order to improve the fixation of the urethra.
In severe cases, surgical treatment.
The optimal surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence in women is the use of method of free loops or Sling. Cling — a narrow strip of a special material. Put in a certain way in a small basin, sling supports the bladder neck and urethra, preventing them fall and thus facilitating the work of the sphincter.
For the surgical treatment of urinary incontinence in men's version of the sling is used, as well as Artifical sphincter.
Many people with incontinence away from the social life and trying to hide the problem from family, friends and even doctors. They do not know or forget is that incontinence — this is not inevitable and incurable result of aging. Treatment of the disease usually leads to alleviate or eliminate the problem of incontinence.