About 6.5% of men younger than 65 years of incontinent. Most often, this condition occurs when the prostate gland adenoma and after the operations associated with the disease. All cases of incontinence can be divided into three main categories, although may occur as cases arising from the combined action of several factors.
First of all, it should be noted stress incontinence, when urination occurs suddenly under the influence of laughing, coughing, sneezing or physical effort. These difficulties arise when the bladder neck, and then there occurs a normal sphincter muscle. Sometimes the normal functioning of muscles is not possible due to age-related changes or surgical interventions.
Urinary incontinence due to violation of urgency to urinate noted in cases where the bladder starts "at his own discretion." Muscle contraction and emptying of the bladder can not be conscious regulation. The causes of urinary incontinence are similar strokes, Alzheimer's disease, the continued existence of stones in the bladder, prostate enlargement and age. Uric bubble begins to act like a uric bubble the child. When the bladder is filled to a certain extent, there are urinary urgency and muscle contraction begins, the person can not control the process.
Full incontinence is characterized by a lack of urgency to urinate. The use of certain drugs and running neurological diseases cause changes in the nerves that supply the necessary signals — so explain these cases doctors. However, complete incontinence Urine can develop if there is a long habit — a permanent suppression of desires for many years. This is observed in individuals with a removable schedule, truck drivers, teachers and doctors. When urination occurs not their complete emptying of the bladder, so that the tone is lost bladder sensation when it is stretched.
Treatment of urinary incontinence in men
- Medicinal drugs. There drugs to strengthen muscles urethra, prostate reduction, as well as to relieve stress smooth musculature.
- Incision. Now the technique of incision of the bladder neck in order to normalize the flow of urine.
- Ultrasound. This technique is also being studied and is the enlarged tissue fragmentation using ultrasound and its suction aspirator.
- Microwaves. This method is used to remove the enlarged tissue using microwave heating it.
- Temporizing. In some cases, after a survey conducted by the patient's condition improves or at least stabilizes. The reason for this phenomenon is unknown.
- Some urologists do not recommend their patients to the last three methods, especially since some of them are still being developed. Too great a risk of kidney damage. The choice of treatment depends on the degree of hypertrophy of the prostate.
- Urethral balloon expansion is carried out in urology similarly as for the expansion vessel luminal angioplasty use. In the urethra using a catheter introduced into a small container. Then the balloon is filled with pressurized fluid, which causes the expansion channel. Manipulation lasts 30 minutes and is an outpatient basis. The catheter is left for several days. Many urologists believe that preoperative biopsy is necessary to rule out the possibility of cancer. Balloon plastic urethra is contraindicated in progressive enlargement of the zhelezy.Ballonchik introduced in the rectum. It is placed next to the prostate gland. In the inflated state, it removes the prostate from the bladder. This operation is also quite simple and can be done outpatient. Plastic balloon as a treatment for prostate promises much. The operation is safe, painless, avoids the high costs and hospital stay and does not cause back ejaculation. In 50-80% of men start to improve very quickly. However, it is a weakness of this method is the relatively large number of relapses. Insufficient patient man who can not do regular exercise and change your lifestyle immediately solved on the channel resection.
Some doctors believe surgery is the best method, because there is some risk of complications, albeit slight. Once the operation enlarged prostate was very difficult, and the recovery period — a painful and lengthy. The operated patients are often permanently lost their potency.
Now, so-called channel resection of the prostate is carried out rapidly and almost no side effects. The operation lasts about an hour. The patient may have been in the evening or the next morning. The catheter remains in the bladder for two days, and after removing the patient discharged. Within a few days can be a little trickle urine. The operation has no adverse effects on sexual activity. If an erection before surgery goes well, the ability for it to continue. Is not broken, and the function of the testes.
During orgasm, there is no ejaculation, but the feeling of pleasure is the same. The fact that the sperm collected in the right place, but at the time of ejaculation is ejected to the bladder. This process is called reverse ejaculation, which is the cause of infertility, but in old age problem of procreation hardly relevant. And if it is relevant — it is possible to resort to artificial insemination.
Yet Channel resection of the prostate sometimes have undesirable consequences. According to some reports, 6% of the operated suffer from impotence (25,000 men each year.) In 2000-4000 men observed incontinence urine. 10% over the next 10 years to re-operation because the prostate gland starts to increase again. In some men, the prostate tissue is too hard and fibrous. In these cases, channel resection of the prostate is not possible to complete removal of the prostate.