Upon hearing the diagnosis, many women panic: "What a mess! I have a tumor! "Do not panic. Myoma, of course, the nasty little thing, but to the family feared diseases under the name "cancer" has nothing to do.
What is it?
Myoma (Fibroid) — a benign tumor of muscle (muscle and connective) tissue.
Uterine fibroids occur as a result of the fact that cancer cells spontaneously begin to actively share. The reasons for this phenomenon are not fully understood, but we have found that it is stimulated by hormones and is primarily associated with increased secretion of estrogen. Roughly speaking, estrogen stimulates the growth of fibroids and progesterone, on the contrary, it is the opposite development. This does not mean that the normal balance of the content of estrogen and progesterone in the blood clearly indicates the absence of uterine fibroids. The fact that the local change in the level of estrogens in the uterus usually does not affect, or only slightly affects the content of this hormone in blood.
Meets fibroids often enough, according to medical statistics it is diagnosed in 20% of all women of
Fibroids are different, one can "sit" in the wall of the uterus, other vybuhayut into the abdominal cavity, and others — in the uterine cavity.
Since the main cause of the disease — hormonal shift — namely, the high content in the body of the female sex hormones, fibroids are almost never bother young girls and women who had at the time of menopause. But from 25 to 50 years to get her chances are very high. Especially this probability increases dramatically during pregnancy, genital inflammation and a general decline in immunity.
What can trigger the appearance of uterine
- Genetic predisposition (uterine fibroids were my mother or grandmother);
- menstrual problems;
- infertility and miscarriage;
- metabolic diseases (obesity, diabetes);
- numerous abortions;
- beyond that, not so long ago, scientists have found that there is a direct link between uterine cancer and stress.
How to recognize?
Uterine fibroids are usually asymptomatic. However, there are some indications for which woman may suspect at uterine fibroids:
- too heavy bleeding during menstruation;
- cycle disorders;
- pain in the lower abdomen or lower back.
Although you can live with fibroids for years, without even knowing of its existence, the disease can deliver and a lot of trouble. For example:
- increased bleeding can lead to anemia;
- effuse neoplastic node can compress the adjacent organs, and then there is pain, the problems begin with urination, constipation occur;
- If fibroids are not completely immersed in the uterine wall, you need to be wary of torsion "legs" (the part that connects the tumor to the uterus), in this case, the woman threatened extinction of tumor, inflammation and rupture, outwardly manifested bleeding, acute abdominal pain and a sharp fever;
- Another complication of uterine fibroids — problems with conception, intra-uterine pregnancy and childbirth.
Diagnosis and treatment
The only reliable way to detect fibroids — once a year to go on a routine inspection
To determine the size of the fibroids gynecologists use the analogy with pregnancy. When they say "myoma three months," it means that uterus
Treatment Uterine depends on age and patient plans. If over the years fibroids does not increase, and the pregnant woman is not going to, many doctors suggest the pills to treat the tumor. Hormonal treatments can slow down and, in some cases, to stop the growth of fibroids.
Young women who want a child, doctors advise not to put off the operation. The most gentle — myomectomy when cut only the nodes: uterus almost no damage and, in the future, can be normal pregnancy. This operation can be done endoscopically through several small puncture in the abdominal wall. This method avoids the scarring and significantly reduce the time spent in the hospital. If the tumor nodules are very large, or too many of them, it is necessary to carry out removal of the entire uterus or uterine appendages.