Smear on the flora (general smear, smear from the vagina, bacterioscopy) — laboratory microscopy, which characterizes the microflora in the urethra, cervix, vagina.
That shows a smear on the flora?
Swab is applied to the glass and stained with special dyes that allow the microscope to distinguish more clearly the bacteria. Assess the following indicators:
- white blood cell count;
- the number of red blood cells;
- The flora;
- the presence of Trichomonas vaginalis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, fungi;
- the presence of lactobacilli.
What are the indications for taking a smear on the flora?
- complaints of abdominal pain, discomfort in the genital area, itching, unusual discharge from the vagina;
- checkup by a gynecologist, about 1 every 3-6 months;
- planning to become pregnant;
- long-term treatment with antibiotics, hormones, cytotoxic drugs;
- change of sexual partner.
How to prepare for the study?
Before the visit to the gynecologist for delivery of analyzes should:
- abstain for 1-2 days of sexual intercourse.
- not to use vaginal preparations (creams, suppositories), and do not douche for 2 days.
- before delivery Smear the flora is recommended not to urinate for 2 -3 hours.
It is advisable to take a smear on the flora after month, for 4-5 day cycle.
How is the swab on the flora?
Collection of material for a smear on the flora is gynecologist disposable blades of the three points of the urethra, cervix and vagina. The procedure is painless swab.
How many days to prepare a smear on the flora?
1 business day.
How is the result of a smear on the flora?
In a normal smear rod-defined flora and isolated leucocytes.
Coccal flora, a large number of leukocytes (inflammatory cells), erythrocytes present in the smear with inflammation. Detection of Trichomonas suggests trichomoniasis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae — gonorrhea. Very often in the smears on the flora found strands of mycelium fungus — candidiasis, or "thrush".
Why a crop on the flora?
Sowing the flora to determine the species of bacteria and the number and to determine the sensitivity to antibiotics.