During pregnancy, a woman's body there are serious changes: increasing the load on the liver, the kidneys, the endocrine system, the uterus is a process of actively dividing cells of the embryo, resulting in its growth and development. In everyday life, we often use drugs, remote effects on the body which is unknown. This is especially dangerous during pregnancy, because the body of a pregnant woman and being in the womb baby
Medications can affect the fetus at all stages of pregnancy. The most dangerous period is the first three months, when there is an active cell division of the embryo, forming the major organs and systems.
Medication placental blood flow may weaken, disrupt the metabolism of organisms between mother and child. Some drugs can alter the growth rate of cells, tissues and organs. This gives rise to fetal malformation in some cases, incompatible with life.
Absolutely contraindicated in pregnancy:
- Hormonal contraceptives.
- Some antibiotics (streptomycin, tetracycline).
- Analgesics (aspirin, indometacin);
- Antihypertensive drugs (reserpine, chlorothiazide);
- Vitamin A at doses greater than 10,000 IU per day.
Relatively contraindicated in pregnancy:
- Insufficiently studied drugs (risk of harmful effects on the fetus are not proven, but not proven, and its absence).
- Drugs that can cause side effects and are prescribed only in cases where it is absolutely necessary for a healthy pregnancy.
- Some vaccinations (although in general the use of modern vaccines harm during pregnancy has not been proved).
Note that intime pregnancy may be contraindicated netolko drugs, but some herbs, including — comfrey, senna, Stephanie, magnolia, dead-nettle,
If you are going to take medicine, you can carefully examine the annotation to it (there will be sure to specify whether preparation Pregnancy and breast-feeding), but safer to consult a doctor.
When prescribing and dosing choosing a doctor will take into account not only their possible impact onpregnancy, but the influence of pregnancy itself to the action of drugs. This period can vary the absorption, distribution and excretion of the drug, which causes a change in its effect on the organism. During pregnancy, changes of extracellular fluid volume, the concentration of proteins and other substances in the last trimester of changing the function of the liver and kidney involved in the removal and recycling of products.
Reception of "harmful" drug to stop at the planning stage of pregnancy — and not only women, but also the future of his father. And with its approach of extra care: just follow the doctor's advice and beware of uncontrolled medication.