Smoking and statistics: What should a newcomer know smoker
Most people know that smoking — A bad habit that can cause a lot of health problems. It is important that
Statistics — a thing quite hard to understand, but it was on the statistical data collected and analyzed by the World Health Organization, you can see what harm does smoking both to the smoker and the people around them.
Usually abuse of various psychoactive substances, including alcohol, drugs and tobacco, is credited with wealthy people. But at present, is bucking the trend — in the more developed countries, smoke less, and the higher the level of education of the person, the more likely that he will not become a smoker.
Most smokers begin smoke early — even before the
However, in the U.S. from smoking too, not everything went smoothly. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the country's smoking approximately 25.6 million men (25.2 percent) and 22.6 (20.7 percent) were women.
What is the smoking population of the U.S. — American Indians (32 percent of men and 36.9 percent of women), the most smoking — Asians (21.3 percent of men and only 6.9 percent of women. From diseases related to smoking, die each year in average of 400,000 Americans.
Travel through the ocean to the Old World. Even if we consider that Eastern Europe — the smoking part of the world, the Russian against it is even more depressing. The European Report on Tobacco Control, which was prepared in 2007 by the European Office for Europe, says that in Russia the highest number in Europe
The palm of smoking women firmly taken Austria (40 percent of the female population), Russia —
The bad news is that Russia is not decreasing but growing number of smokers
Before you drag another cigarette, think about the following facts:
- confirmed the direct link between smoking and many diseases of the respiratory and
- components of tobacco smoke — the most well-known carcinogen associated with cancer of the lung, trachea, bronchus, larynx, and esophagus;
- as smoking greatly increases the risk of developing cancer of the pancreas, kidney, bladder, and cervix;
- smoking during pregnancy is guilty of
cases of intrauterine fetal death, 5-6 Percentage of births with low birth weight, 17-26 percent of low birth-weight babies; also dramatically increases the risk of miscarriage and intrauterine growth retardation. 7-10
- extinguished cigarette guilty about a quarter of home fires that kill every year several thousands of lives;
- you undermine not only their health but also the health of other people, including your family, passive smoking also kills.
Think about whether you really need a cigarette so?
Article provided by the site www.pohmelya.net