Consult your doctor for a solution to the problem of enuresis is when the child leaves his bed wet more often than once every 21 days over the age of four years. Explaining the reason of occurrence of enuresis in children and searching for the correct way of treatment, parents should visit the pediatrician, urologist, gynecologist and neurologist.
- uroflowmetry (for the functional evaluation of the bladder);
- cystography (rengrenografiya bladder filled with the contrast agent specific);
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and the bladder;
- on the testimony — cystoscopy.
Today, there are about 300 ways to treat urinary incontinence. This physical therapy, and special diets, and courses of acupuncture, and auditory training, and all sorts of drugs, and even hypnosis. But the doctor has to prescribe them, and only after a thorough examination of the patient and identify the causes of the disease.
True, there are some general tips that are useful for parents of children with enuresis:
- Support the child, explain that in the world there are many children who have the same problem.
- In any case, do not scold or punish your child if he woke up wet. It's not his fault, butproblem, which must be addressed together.
- You should not wear diapers at night. Overwhelming majority
four to five yearschildren with enuresis — kids, long time did not break up with diapers. Diapers are only required in certain cases: on walks, during sleep, away, on the road. Since about one and a half years, the child must gradually forget about their existence, and parents time to teach him to use the toilet. In fact, strange as it sounds, but many children, "fused" with the diaper (especially for boys) do not even know how "it" to do!
- It is recommended to limit the intake of fluids in the evening and at night (up to four hours of sleep), making up the right amount of drinking in the morning and afternoon.
- It should go to the toilet before going to bed.
- Make sure to
six or seven yearsbaby comply with a strict regime of the day, going to bed not after 21:00.
- Try to avoid over-excitation at bedtime: active sports games, watching "scary" movies, etc.
- In some cases, the child's parents wake up to the fact that he went to the toilet at night and stayed dry. We can say that in this case baby physiologically awoke, he — in a dream, wake up because it totally is difficult. Most often, doctors do not recommend doing this. But if you decide to wake the child at night to wake him up, resulting in a fully conscious, in the contrary case, you just attach the mechanism of enuresis.
- If a kid is afraid of the dark or being alone, do not turn in his room nochnichok, leave open the door to your bedroom or wait on his eviction in a separate room.
- If you have already had at least one "dry" night — do not skimp on the praise.
Medications designed to relieve the suffering of the patient, if this can not be achieved by other methods. Medication treatment only a doctor should prescribe. Usually, the following preparations:
- Hormones: Adiuretin SD (Desmopressin is sold under the name "Minirin"), which comes in the form of drops or spray and is introduced into the nose. It is used in cases where urinary incontinence due to hormonal problems — decreased production of vasopressin — a hormone responsible for regulating the discharge of liquid. Adiuretin diabetes reduces urine volume and urinary frequency. Treatment preparation continues for several months, along with psychotherapy and training using the toilet.
- Stimulants: mesocarb (Sidnokarb). Affects the overall tone of the smooth muscle structures, including the bladder.
- Antidepressants: Imipramine (Melipraminum), amitriptyline (amitriptyline). The exact mechanism of action of antidepressants incontinence is unknown, the effectiveness of imipramine and amitriptyline established empirically, but later confirmed by many studies. For other antidepressants such effect is not known.
- Adrenoceptor agonists: Ephedrine (Ephedrine hydrochloride). The action of agonists is associated with psychoactive effect.
With proper treatment, the designated expert in a short period of time in 30% of patients with enuresis stops completely, and the other children have significantly weakened.
When enuresis should not be neglected in psychotherapy. In the struggle with incontinence used a variety of its methods, up to the so-called "dolphin" where healing comes from communicating with dolphins. Dolphins, unfortunately, are not sold in pharmacies, making them difficult to access. Either there is a pediatric center of a psychologist who will be able to find an approach to the problems of the child and prepare him for the fight against the disease.
In addition, various methods of hypnotherapy, in particular, classical and Erickson hypnosis hypnosuggestive (suggestion during sleep) therapy.
In some cases, use herbal medicine — sedating herbs: peppermint, valerian, motherwort, etc.; restorative physical effects (contrast shower in the morning, etc.), pine baths.
The good effect is achieved with the normalization of relations within the family with the decision of the emotional and family and school problems of patients.
With full responsibility approach to the treatment of enuresis in children. Unfinished course of treatment can lead to the resumption of the disease.