Preparing to Install Contact Lenses
Cleanliness is the main and most important condition for the proper care ofcontact lenses.
- Before touchinglenses, always wash your hands thoroughly with mild soap, rinse well and dry them with the towel that does not leave the hands of the fibers.
- Before touching the contact lenses do not use fatty cosmetics, soaps containing cream and lotions and creams.
- Contact lenses are recommended to set before applying make-up, cosmetics, water-based have less ability to damage lenses than oil-based cosmetics, close your eyes when using hairspray or other aerosols.
- Not to be confused contact lenses, develop the habit of always starting the installation lens from the right eye.
- Inspect the lens and make sure that there are no breaks, and she wrinkled around the edges, but if you think lens damaged, do not use it.
- Also make sure that the lens surface is not twisted inside out. If the lens has a label, place the lens on the tip of the index finger at eye level, if you see a label (eg, "123"), which can be read as "123", the lens is ready for installation. If the label is read vice versa,lens twisted.
- If necessary, rinse the lens before you install it oneye, Use only fresh sterile solution that is recommended by your ophthalmologist.
NEVER USE WATER
- Start by installing the lens on the right eye. Once you have inspected the lens and made sure she did not wrenched out, put it on the tip of the index finger.
- Place the middle finger of the same hand close to the lashes of the lower eyelid and pull the lower eyelid down.
- Index or middle finger of the other hand lift the upper eyelid. Place the lens on the eyeball.
- Gently release the lids and blink.
- Repeat manipulation when installing the lens on the left eye. There are other ways to set the lens. If the above method is difficult for you, the ophthalmologist will recommend another.
Usually, the lens automatically positioned in the middle of the cornea at the time of installation and rarely shifts to the sclera in the process of wear. However, this can happen due to improper installation and removal of the lens. For the alignment of the lens, perform one of the following manipulations:
- Cover your eyelids and gently move the lens in place using massaging movements through closed eyelids.
- Carefully slide the lens will shift back to the middle of the cornea eyelids open, pressing a finger on the edge of the upper or lower eyelid.
- Always remove the first that lens, which begins with the installation. Before you remove the lens, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Looking up, index finger slide the lens down to the sclera.
- Gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and forefinger and remove it.
- not recommended wearing contact lenses in inflammatory diseases of the eye, some infections and diseases of the body (flu, acute respiratory disease, diabetes, etc.).
- If after installing the lenses have a feeling of discomfort, foreign body, tearing, remove the lens, rinse it a universal solution and put on again. If these symptoms occur again, contact lenses should be removed and be sure to contact an ophthalmologist;
- To avoid damage to the lens or eye, remove and put a mirror in front of the lens is desirable and in the absence of long nails;
- tobacco smoke and hairspray significantly reduce the life of wearing soft contact lenses;
- Use contact lenses only when recommended by a doctor. As a rule, the lenses are assigned to daily wear, which means the entire period of wakefulness, except for the state of sleep, that is put on the lens in the morning and removed at night. However, there are special lenses used in a flexible mode of wearing, which occasionally can be worn for daytime or night-time sleep. Recently, large foreign manufacturers have announced the appearance of new lenses specifically designed for extended wear for
7-30days. However, continuous wear greatly increases the risk of undesirable complications that require further special treatment.
Wearing contact lenses requires some getting used to, since the cornea contains a large number of nerve endings and is highly sensitive.
On this Site www.kliolens.ru