Five years ago, pediatricians were unanimous: "By the year the child should go to the general table." But today it is not uncommon to come across on a walk toddler who was startled in the playground, like a mother, fingering her, says (!): "Give tits!".
What happened? The answer is simple: the norms of breastfeeding have moved! The scientific approach closer to the natural, which are unconsciously savage tribes people mammals.
The current generation of Aesculapius not as forceful as the former. Recommendations of the WHO (World Health Organization) set a new bar — you can feed up to two years! "Look at the child, not the calendar" — one of the mottos of the International Dairy League for modern moms.
The problem of transition
Any mom cherish those lovely moments when baby, after eating, sweet snuffle at her breast. And however much she might feed the baby with her milk — three days, two months or year— These unforgettable, with nothing comparable moments of happiness, mutual understanding, serenity and dissolution of each other will remain forever in the memory.
The transition from the breast to the other food — a process not a single day. However, in a society prevalent opinion that the older the child, the more difficult to separate him from his chest: "To throw the feed, or later the child" will not let go. "
You should know that for weaning from the breast, there are physiological terms, when breastfeeding, having passed through the stages of development, maturity, she comes to wilt (involution) — 1.5-2.5 years, and on the next occurrence of pregnancy, hormonal disorders — from 9 to 14 months. Brain feeding while supplies signals of physical fatigue: a woman begins to feel like a kid "pulls" from her veins. In addition, the grown up child active suckling stimulates milk production, thus requiring a large amount of the nutrient liquid, eating well, "greedy", as a newborn.
Many women feel after a year of "mental fatigue." They think that they heroically bring up a child is much more than most around, so deserved rest. The process of weaning, when both mom and baby are ready for it, there is usually calm and without any problems.
Try to give up the baby for a day if filled breast does not cause ill effects, so ready to excommunication. The child should be able to pack without mom — and dad or grandma and a bottle at night, and do not fall asleep, jaw hanging stranglehold on the "native Sis."
More suitable for weaning late fall, winter and early spring: less activity of pathogenic organisms (less intestinal infections), which quickly neutralizes the mother's milk. The moment of parting with breast mother is going through more emotionally than a child. Often she regrets that now between her and the baby is no longer such a close relationship ("invisible umbilical cord"): he does not need it so much, it becomes a "non-essential". The child to the offensive quickly "forgets" about the source goodies, switching attention to the development of the world and the surroundings. After a year it is something to divert the attention and the more painless to replace my mother's food.
- Confronting the firm opinion of others, and often the district pediatricians, had not held training that mom "wrong" bringing up their child.
- Waking up at night feedings (the active lactation needed for the long-feeding), when the other kids how to sleep all night long.
- The dependence of the child from the breast. A child may reject any replacement — a pacifier, bottle, recognizing a favorite "milk zavodik" Mom, by the way, is always at hand and the desired warm temperature — in short, as in advertising "does not require preheating."
- "Bullying" antics Nibbler — not weak biting and self-indulgence, which is not always and not everyone is able to nip in the beginning.
- Tired mom on the mode of feeding-on-line for several consecutive years. In addition, when mature after one year of lactation milk is difficult to express, to pause in feeding, go for: the milk is produced only with the active suckling baby. Intervals between feeding it seems that chest empty. Content provided under putting the baby like "turn the tap" — fed liquid nutrients directly into her mouth. "
- Convenience for mother and baby: the desired food is always at hand.
- Universal cure for all diseases, flights and other extreme situations.
- Perfect for soothing bedtime, setbacks and frustration.
- Useful physical and psychological contact, perfectly understanding and influencing the development.
The problem of availability
Weaning should be done, when, and mom and baby are ready for it: and immediately all their time — some time in 9 months, and someone a little 1.8! Forcible excommunication — "Because it is necessary", "time" — can turn into a psychological trauma. Optimal physiological timing of weaning 1, 3 — 2,6 years.
The child is not ready for weaning if:
- is applied to the chest to fall asleep at night and daytime sleep and applied on waking in the morning and afternoon nap;
- sucks at night a few times, mostly in the early morning hours before the moment of awakening, and during the day he washes down from his mother's breast breakfasts, lunches and dinners;
- is applied to the chest when he needed comfort for any reason (sick, scared, tired);
- applied when thirsty;
- immediately reaches for his mother's breast, if the mother is a house after a long absence;
- often applied when he is bored and have nothing to do or when mom takes a fixed position, for example, sits down to talk on the phone. If the baby will follow there is a need, it can be difficult to distract from this idea.
The kid that behaves in a similar way to weaning is not ready. Most children under the age of 1 year to 2.5-3 years just so myself and lead. In the absence of my mother, the child gets used to behave differently. He is quite capable, for example, be consoled, climbing on her knees to adult. He is eating well at dinner without having his mother's milk. He falls asleep in the absence of my mother, if it puts the other person.
Mothers do not like that baby may require a chest in a place not adapted to feeding: in the shop, clinic, on the street, in a restaurant, at a party. Moms are confused by the need to "denude" in the presence of strangers. But to feed the baby does not need to undress. All the moms were fed for a long time, they know how to do it almost imperceptibly.
Most mothers want to wean the baby because of his poor appetite. The kid does not eat other foods and prefers whole breast milk. In poor appetite and lack of interest in eating guilty not breastfeeding, and errors in the formation of the child eating behavior. Concerns about the decline in the quality of milk completely unfounded. Mother's body does not know that today marks the one year old baby and begins to produce milk in Class II. In the second year of lactation milk continues to maintain optimal for assimilation kid proteins, carbohydrates, fats, essential vitamins, trace elements, biologically active substances, and much more.