Large landing ship (BDK) Black Sea Fleet "Novocherkassk" within two days was on a business call at the Greek port of Myrina on the island of Lemnos. Last time in this port the Russian ships were moored to the pier in 1770, when the island came Russian naval squadron of Count Alexei Orlov.
Russian ship stay on the island was held in conjunction with is the eighth public forum "Russian days on the island of Lemnos," in which are held memorial days of Russian sailors who liberated the island from foreign invaders.
The main event, which was attended by the crew of a Russian ship, was the opening of the monument to the sailors of the Russian squadron, who died in 1770 in a battle with the enemy. The ceremony was attended by the vice-mayor of the island of Lemnos Dimitrios Bulotis, Consul General of the Russian Federation in Thessaloniki Alex Popov, the clergy and the public of the island of Lemnos. A monument was built guard of honor after laying a wreath at the monument to the orchestra performed the anthems of the Black Sea Fleet of Russia and Greece.
For two days, the Russian ship was opened to the residents of the Greek island.
October 3 BDK "Novocherkassk" left the port of Myrina, and today of the Black Sea Fleet will meet the Greek island of Corfu, where the Black Sea Fleet will welcome guests to the "Russian week in the Ionian Islands".