Church of the Resurrection at the Red Rock

The most important decoration Foros — Church of the Resurrection at the Red Rock. Who built this temple, and still in a place near the cliff? There are several legends about the origin of the Foros church. But the church was built in 1892, designed by the academician of architecture PM Chagina commissioned by AG Kuznetsov. The reason for the construction was the salvation of the royal family in a train crash near Kharkov at the station Borky October 17, 1888

If you look below, the temple seemed to hover above the valley; impression is reinforced when the mist rises from the sea. The building Foros church, as in all small Crimea, you can see the symbol of unity lie on either side of civilizations — the ancient East, southern Europe and Russia. Special Byzantine masonry walls, bright, sunny coloring, and many domes (nine), as in Russian wooden churches … Domestic mosaic works by Italian masters Antonio Salviati school, and the walls painted a famous Russian artists Konstantin Makovsky and AI Korzukhin. Rock on the cliff, a forest, at the bottom of the sea with boats — all for the admiring gaze of tourists, all for the realization of beauty and majesty of God’s world.

From 1924 to 1990, Foros Church tried to adapt it into a warehouse, then a restaurant, outraged temple was in ruins for a long time — without domes, with the sagging roof steeple. Still, people were staying there, walking on the floor, looked down, took pictures. But different people. Some were in awe and anguish of others just annoyed that the monument was abandoned, and there were also those who spent the night and kindled a fire in an abandoned church, right on the famous mosaic.

Foros Church is now updated and restored. Even the new mosaic floor laid on top, the second layer

The fate of the two abbots of the temple was tragic. First, Fr. Paul Undolskogo, repressed in 1920, second, Fr. Peter, Vitaly Posadnev in the world, restored the temple of ruins, was murdered in 1997. As many as 70 years, from 1920 to 1990, the temple was in ruins and oblivion. Immediately after the war, the church was organized in the restaurant, and later the church was used as a warehouse. In recent years, it hosted a wild tourists but the wind howled angrily in a leaky dome. This caught Foros church 24-year-old father Peter,
when he received the Resurrection Parish. Recovery Foros church was a secret dream of his childhood.

In the Crimean diocese after his ordination to the priesthood he was offered a choice of either Basil’s lead, or Vladimir temples. Both of them were in a desperate state of neglect. Father Peter chose the more difficult for the priestly ministry Foros Resurrection Church, standing high in the mountains, away from people.

His first assistant to restore the Church of the Resurrection became stepfather Viacheslav. On the eve of the Trinity they sat in the car and went to look for parishioners to report that opens the church, and invite to the service. Swept the floors, and garbage taken out, as they could have cooked a dilapidated church to light a holiday Trinity. In the morning came the faithful from Sevastopol residents came near villages Molasses Forossa, Eagle. Everyone congratulated each other.

Shortly after this event, the young priest appeared assistants from among the parishioners, slowly began restoration of the temple. Rector of the Moscow helped spiritual children and step-father, who sold his house in the Donetsk region and gave the money to rebuild the church. VozrozhdЈnny temple at Red Rocks attracted believers. Compassion and spiritual insight father Peter noticed by many. And the children’s purity. Father Peter loved. Grew the ranks of his flock. Donated to the temple quite strangers. Church prettier in his eyes shone with gold domes and crosses, dressed in colorful stained glass windows. At the Red Rock frequent travelers.

Restoration of the Church of the Resurrection, which lasted almost seven years, coming to an end. It remained to install the latest decoration — carved oak iconostasis, recreated from old drawings. "This will set the iconostasis, and I will remove. Others will come here, I feel it," — not once spoken among friends father Peter. "But where did you get to?" — Amazed friends.

As no hurry father Peter, but for the feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord to establish a new iconostasis not have time. The liturgy was celebrated in the narthex of the church, which carried the throne. Parishioners gathered in the courtyard. At the entrance to the temple was bathed in sunlight father Peter. Sunny father. So all of it and remember. This was the last service of his father Peter, received by the time the title Archimandrite.

On the night of August 20, 1997 archimandrite Peter was murdered in his cell. The agony of it were terrible. Father Peter lived a short life — 31 years.

Killers found quickly. They were the runaway soldier Yuri Neumyvako and four convicted Kartamishev.

Since then, Foros Church became, as they say guides in the pearl business card and the southern coast. At the entrance to the church hangs a marble plaque that tells the tourists that money to rebuild the church donated Leonid Kuchma. And not a word about the two brutally murdered abbot of the temple.

    The fate of the two abbots of the temple was tragic. First, Fr. Paul Undolskogo, repressed in 1920, second, Fr. Peter, Vitaly Posadnev in the world, restored the temple of ruins, was murdered in 1997. As many as 70 years, from 1920 to 1990, the temple was in ruins and oblivion. Immediately after the war, the church was organized in the restaurant, and later the church was used as a warehouse. In recent years, it hosted a wild tourists but the wind howled angrily in a leaky dome. This caught Foros church 24-year-old father Peter,
    when he received the Resurrection Parish. Recovery Foros church was a secret dream of his childhood.

    In the Crimean diocese after his ordination to the priesthood he was offered a choice of either Basil’s lead, or Vladimir temples. Both of them were in a desperate state of neglect. Father Peter chose the more difficult for the priestly ministry Foros Resurrection Church, standing high in the mountains, away from people.

    His first assistant to restore the Church of the Resurrection became stepfather Viacheslav. On the eve of the Trinity they sat in the car and went to look for parishioners to report that opens the church, and invite to the service. Swept the floors, and garbage taken out, as they could have cooked a dilapidated church to light a holiday Trinity. In the morning came the faithful from Sevastopol residents came near villages Molasses Forossa, Eagle. Everyone congratulated each other.

    Shortly after this event, the young priest appeared assistants from among the parishioners, slowly began restoration of the temple. Rector of the Moscow helped spiritual children and step-father, who sold his house in the Donetsk region and gave the money to rebuild the church. VozrozhdЈnny temple at Red Rocks attracted believers. Compassion and spiritual insight father Peter noticed by many. And the children’s purity. Father Peter loved. Grew the ranks of his flock. Donated to the temple quite strangers. Church prettier in his eyes shone with gold domes and crosses, dressed in colorful stained glass windows. At the Red Rock frequent travelers.

    Restoration of the Church of the Resurrection, which lasted almost seven years, coming to an end. It remained to install the latest decoration — carved oak iconostasis, recreated from old drawings. "This will set the iconostasis, and I will remove. Others will come here, I feel it," — not once spoken among friends father Peter. "But where did you get to?" — Amazed friends.

    As no hurry father Peter, but for the feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord to establish a new iconostasis not have time. The liturgy was celebrated in the narthex of the church, which carried the throne. Parishioners gathered in the courtyard. At the entrance to the temple was bathed in sunlight father Peter. Sunny father. So all of it and remember. This was the last service of his father Peter, received by the time the title Archimandrite.

    On the night of August 20, 1997 archimandrite Peter was murdered in his cell. The agony of it were terrible. Father Peter lived a short life — 31 years.

    Killers found quickly. They were the runaway soldier Yuri Neumyvako and four convicted Kartamishev.

    Since then, Foros Church became, as they say guides in the pearl business card and the southern coast. At the entrance to the church hangs a marble plaque that tells the tourists that money to rebuild the church donated Leonid Kuchma. And not a word about the two brutally murdered abbot of the temple.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: