Children’s Railway in Irkutsk — brainchild of the East-Siberian Railway. Her story begins back in 1939. Then, at the initiative of the Young Communists of Irkutsk, the project VSZHD forces activists railway hub and the Irkutsk Heavy Machinery Plant workers had made a real railroad.
At the ends of the two-kilometer line DSB were solar station and Pioneer. There were two train stations and a full set of track infrastructure. Rolling stock was then presented with three home-made passenger cars and two locomotives of old.
During the Great Patriotic War, the children’s railway was closed. Steam locomotives passed on heavy engineering plant named after Kuibyshev, young railway workers were employed in the railway department of the plant, and the graduates went to the front, many of them never returned from the war …
After the war, the road began to run again in 1947. After the war, the road constantly modernized, updated rolling stock, there were suggestions of prerenose it closer to the center of the city.
In 1962, around the children’s railway construction of residential areas, the branch was shortened. Up until 1992, the children’s railway route length of 920 meters was held between the fences, garages and dumps debris.
In 1987, construction began on a modern DSB, this time it placed in the center of Irkutsk on the Island of Youth and Horse. August 2, 1992 the road was opened, it is in terms of a loop length of 3200 meters. In early 2000, the road was again under threat of closure — the construction of a new bridge across the Angara exciting part of its territory. After the intervention of non-governmental organizations and the media project subcorrected for passing of trains under the bridge made a small tunnel.
In the 2002-03 academic building opened and the train station.
At Irkutsk children railway largest among Russian DSB complex administrative and academic buildings, it surpasses in size, for example, the management of the "big" Sakhalin Railway.
At school, young railwaymen involved about a thousand kids. At the end of four years of training they receive specialty shift supervisor, and his command are already 70 children. They know how to organize work, to place employees on jobs, monitor the implementation of safety measures. Irkutsk children railway — one of the best in all of Russia. Young railwaymen are engaged throughout the year: fall, winter, spring — the training period, and the summer — time, the practical application of acquired knowledge. Pupils are responsible for their work, not forgetting about work. When the road work art studio, a music ensemble, studio modeling.
The ground floor houses a waiting room and ticket office, on the second museum, there is an observation deck on the tower, but it is closed.
On the academic building is connected to the transition station
Platform and depot
New rolling stock, the domestic production
Before the flight engine run-in without cars
In the way
Part of the way through a forest
A portion of the open area
On the eastern edge of the Horse Island offers a great view on the Angara River and the hydroelectric dam
In a short but turbulent stream of the new building right bank
Pravoberezhnye isolation and television center. All stormwater runoff from the bridge and interchanges comes to the treatment plant (green building) and then discharged into the Angara.
Following the departing train
The bridge between the islands and the Horse Youth
On the banks of the ducts forget that you are in the islands. The islands have a huge tourist and recreational potential, now it is almost never used. In the territory, without prejudice to the forest park, can fit into a small town, but I would like here to build a zoo, an amusement park, hotels, etc.
In the station the exposition "History Museum of East-Siberian Railway." Its main fund is in the museum section Port Baikal, and large exhibits here.
Firebox locomotive EF-182
Next Civil War. In 1920, the retreating White Army blew up five bridges. Fragment of the bridge over the r.Iya was raised from the seabed in 2010.
Steam Locomotive Series A, 1955.