The report’s author — Alexander "Russos" Popov
To learn how to produce gas in the harsh conditions of the tundra, I went to a press tour of the South-Russian field, organized for Russian and foreign journalists, the two companies belonging to the group "Gazprom" — OJSC "Severneftegazprom" and Nord Stream AG. The program of the visit was planned visit to the production facilities, as well as a visit to the camp herders. In this feature, I’ll talk about the deposit itself, but about the reindeer will be a separate post.
If you can not wait to see everything at once, the site of "Gazprom" you can find the material on the final trip —
South-Russian oil and gas field is located in the North-Eastern part of Western Siberia, Krasnoselkupsk region of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, and is one of the largest in Russia in terms of reserves. To date they have more than 1 trillion cubic meters. meters of gas and 40 million tons of oil and gas condensate.
The first studies were carried out in the region in the late 60-ies of the last century. November 17, 1969 Urengoyskaya oil and gas exploration expedition during testing of exploration well number 6 received a flow of gas from the Cenomanian deposits (depth — from 900 to 1700 meters) — so it was open field. It has already begun to develop in this century: in January 2006, work began on its construction, and in October 2007, the launch complex field was put into operation. In 2009 — ahead of a year — South Russian field was brought on production capacity — 25 billion cubic meters. meters of gas per year.
In June 2010 started a new phase in the life of "South-Russian" — the first time in Russia began development of Turonian gas reservoir field (depth — 800 m), and in May 2011 was received first gas from the pilot wells, and on December 5 2011 Turonian gas began to enter into the Unified Gas Supply System (UGS).
The field is a source of raw materials for the gas pipeline "Nord Stream", by which our gas goes to Germany. No one will ever be able to accurately measure exactly how much gas comes out of here in a pipeline. Its just taken from the ESG, but we know that the bulk of the gas in the pipes, which are brought to the objects of "Nord Stream" — a gas with the South-Russian field.
1. The deposit is located in a remote area. The fastest way to get there — take a helicopter at the airport in New Urengoja and fly about 200 kilometers to the east of the vast tundra, where there is almost no housing (once it was the only way, which is currently before the field is constructed normal way, a kind of "Krasnoselkupsky Autobahn").
2. Photo report about the flight you can find in my blog.
3. Approaching to the field — at one point converge thread pipes. This gas collecting system, in which the gas comes from wells to complex gas (GPP). It gas is cleaned, dried and sent to the Unified Gas Supply System of Russia.
4. But, in fact, the very GPP.
5. At a safe distance from the production of rotational see the town. It is home to the workers employed in manufacturing. Around a hundred miles — not a single housing. On campus there are very demanding rules of conduct, including a strict prohibition. I was most surprised drivers to comply with speed limits. Is registered in the territory to drive no more than 20 kilometers per hour — and go all the way. It is clear that to the nearest cop — more than 200 miles, but that’s inspector on safety are not asleep.
6. The Mi-8 — basic and most rapid means of transportation in these parts.
7. North harsh On arrival we accommodated in field camps, read the traditional lecture on safety and an introduction to the field. When I saw the number of hotel room prepared repellent, I realized that the battle against mosquitoes will be very difficult to win. And the north still severe.
8. And now it’s time for a tour to get acquainted with the production.
9. All on the field in one watch employs 250 people. Operating personnel around the clock controls the technological mode and adjusts the parameters of the equipment. Other workers serve gas wells, water supply and sanitation, provide transportation, maintenance infield roads, repair and revision of the process equipment, the study wells. Watch the very last month. And after months of hard work workers go to the place of residence, and in their place comes next watch.
10. Fishing for South Russian field — one of the most modern facilities in Russia. Employees monitor the process without leaving the premises of the main control board.
11. Gas production from the field as automated, and almost all operations are carried out without human intervention. In the photo you can see the valve to regulate the flow of gas from the well into a collection reservoir in remote mode.
12. The well — it’s like an iceberg. Rises above the ground is only a small part of it — fitting well, tying her. Below — a complex structure consisting of pipes of different diameters, which are in each other and going to a depth of 900 to 1000 meters and deeper. The wells are not only conventional vertical. There are sub-horizontal, when the underground portion of the well is parallel to the earth’s surface, there is a dire
ctional inclined — is a cross between the vertical and sub-horizontal. To date, the deposit is operated 143 wells.
13. Gas-dynamic studies carried out in the wells with the obligatory annealing well production on the torch of the bush. All this helps to control the correct development of the field, to determine the characteristics and parameters of the formation of the well.
14. It looks factory — is clever interweaving of pipes, but in fact it is a complex organism consisting of contemporary design solutions, the latest technology and the highest professional people working here.
15. Head gas field Marat Khusnullin conducts a tour of the GPP. Unfortunately, time is limited, although Marat can be listened to — it’s very interesting talks about his favorite business.
16. This building — point switching valves. Here "come" pipelines, cables, connecting to a single collector, and from here then "leaves" sales gas.
17. Insertion of the plume field.
18. Clever configuration of the pipeline.
19. Building on permafrost is very specific. Buildings must be lifted on stilts above the ground to heat the house has melted permafrost. Otherwise, the foundation will float alongside the house. In addition to this you need to do more protection around piles or the foundation. The tubes in the photo — it’s heat stabilizers that keep rasteplyatsya permafrost. They pumped gas Freon-22, which acts as a thermal battery.
20. A chamber for receiving and cleaning start device. They "scrapers", "pig" or "pigs." With these devices cavity purified gas from moisture and impurities.
21. The stockpile Turonian deposits of the South Russian deposit is estimated at 300 billion cubic meters. m is commercially important stocks. However Turonian gas, though, and lies above the Cenomanian (more on the classification of the gas can read
22. Marat Khusnullin proudly displays the number 3 train, where the gas comes from the Turonian deposits of the GPP. Well number 174 — Experimental and built specifically for the production of gas from the "Turonian."
23. By construction, this well — dvuhzaboynaya subhorizontal that allows you to separate and joint operation of two Turonian reservoirs.
24. A beautiful production.
25. Compressor station, which raises blood pressure and sends the gas in UGS.
26. It is for this pipeline sales gas is sent to your long journey.
27. On the territory of the fishery has its own fire station, where the men had to have a small exemplary training.
28. Part is always on the alert.
29. In addition to the production facilities, it also helps to put out forest fires in the area.
30. Peter Marin, the driver of a fire truck, "I since 1991, as served in the army, I live and work in Urengoe, loved the Northern Territory and decided to stay here forever."
31. Fire-terrain vehicle. I wish the men of dry bags and go back to rotational town. Tomorrow will fly to the camp.