The report’s author — Alexander Popov Russos
In the south of Russia, near the border with Kazakhstan, under the steppes of Orenburg region is oil and gas field of the same name. It was opened in November 1966. And after the stock assessment was considered the largest in Europe. In 1974 he was served the first commercial gas, and in 1978 — commissioned helium plant.
Let’s look at one of the world’s largest chemical complexes.
2. Production is available. The plant employs more than 2,500 people. After the change of workers organized convoy sent into the city. Dovozit official transport people to the entrance if you do not, it really necessary to the house.
3. Equipment purchased for the plant in France (while gas reserves with a high content of hydrogen sulfide were developed only there and in Canada).
4. In fact, the production — three independent complex three phases gas cleaning, processing gas condensate receiving gas sulfur production of liquefied gases. Management of one of the three phases of the plant is of immense control room.
5. On a huge wall clearly presents the entire production process. Previously, all the control plant was analog, and now the data is duplicated on the computer screens, from which control is exercised.
6. Analytical quality control of raw materials, intermediate and commodity products at the gas processing plant provides central laboratory. In particular there is a special group, which monitors air quality in the zone of influence of the plant, work area, and industrial emissions.
7. For the laboratory operates its own glass-blowing workshop.
8. As production due to the increased requirements for safety, all workers without exception, in the territory, must carry gas masks. The strap on the shoulder Vitaly Nikulin — it’s just a bag with him. Indoors only allowed collective storage remedies on the shelves within a quick accessibility.
9. Appliances are constantly being upgraded. For example, almost all pumps and compressors were equipped with an independent system of vibration monitoring, data which is transmitted to the control room.
10. Some of the equipment is changing locksmiths repair process plants, Alexei and Sergei Gamow Antsiferov involved in the installation of a new propane compressor on the first phase of the plant.
11. If the majority of Russians Viktor Chernomyrdin — Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, for the workers of the plant is also one of the first directors. Viktor led gas processing plant from 1973 to 1978.
12. In case of a variety of emergency situations are equipped with shelters provided not only for the sheltering of workers, but also for a variety of operational issues. For example, in this room, the headquarters of the Civil Defense.
13. Operates its own fire department, most of the cars that are on duty at the plant.
14. Beautiful industrial look.
15. With a height of 165-meter chimney offers a great view of the plant.
16. Like any other gas production plant — the most complicated contraption weave pipe, plant and equipment.
17. Production and marketing of gas sulfur — an important and integral part of the process gas processing. Plant raw materials can not be recycled, thus not producing sulfur, which is necessary to implement further consumers (they basically are the chemical industry). In the event of a decrease in consumer demand for sulfur may complete packing of the existing warehouse, which will lead to a complete halt production. The current situation with the sale of sulfur favorable: it is demanded both in domestic and foreign markets, especially in China.
18. Most of the products (stabilized condensate, sulfur gas, liquefied petroleum gas, odorant) shipped to the consumer. Produced, but the products remain unsold in warehouses for temporary storage of the plant.
19. Unlike the oil industry, which is burned in a flare associated
gas to maintain the burning torches GPP spent the purified gas. Torches play an important role in the security of the facilities of the plant. In case of violation of technology and the need to reduce the pressure in the apparatus of the gas is vented from the system to a working torch. This eliminates the risk of destruction of equipment from overpressure if the minimum impact on the environment.
20. Works especially beautiful at night.
.:: :: Clickable.
21. A sunset on a background of the plant was generally feerichen.
22. During the day, the plant produces more than 60 million m? purified and dried gas, more than 2.5 thousand tons of stable gas condensate, about 3 thousand tons of sulfur gas, more than 1 million tons of propane-butane.
23. After a romantic evening on the top of the distillation column I’m going to bed. Tomorrow — Helium Plant!
Orenburg oil and gas condensate field in the opening was the largest in Russia and one of the largest fields in the world, containing helium. This determined the helium plant construction. In December 1977, gas was passed for the first phase of the plant, initiated comprehensive testing equipment, followed by its inclusion in the permanent job. In February 1978, received first cubic meters of commercial helium.
24. His visit begins with the control room. In fact, it is a small bunker, located in the building. Sealed doors, windows and ventilation system. In the event of any unforeseen situation duty shift will continue to manage the process from their regular workplace.
25. The plant operates its own laboratory, around the clock controlling the quality of incoming raw materials and commodity products.
26. Orenburg helium plant — the only Russian producer of helium. The photo — turbine building of compressor units.
27. Despite the fact that the natural gas of the Orenburg gas-condensate field helium content — only 0.055%, taking into account the potential of the deposit, it is millions of cubic meters of "solar" gas — the most valuable raw material for new emerging areas of science and technology.
28. At the time of the decision on the construction of the helium plant in the Soviet Union was not yet open other deposits containing helium. Therefore developed a unique extraction technology of the 55 thousandth percent. And it is used quite successfully.
29. At the factory, in addition to the helium gas recovered from the ethane fraction and a wide range of hydrocarbons.
30. In the period from 2004 to 2007 was a large-scale reconstruction and modernization of the plant, which has improved the reliability and efficiency of the production facilities.
31. Helium plant after reconstruction looks modern.
32. At the processing plant for fine cleaning of storage of helium and nitrogen use special tanks.
33. One of the five helium blocks.
34. Consumers helium enters the standard 40-liter cans or such spetsemkostyah which consist of a 400-liter bottles. In the photo — the operator of technological installations Sergei Zaplatkin connects charging connection for downloading helium.
35. Or, if in a very large volume, the special cars — spetsagregatah. It is possible that this train will travel to Baikonur.
36. Two helium block processing unit second phase of the plant.
37. Orenburg thank you so much for your hospitality and tour. Special thanks to the rise in the 165-meter pipe reeling cradle — an unforgettable experience.