May 24 Porkhov district was inaugurated educational and historical reserve — the estate of the first rector of the St. Petersburg Polytechnic University AG Gagarin "Kholomki."
The estate was built in 1912. And 12 years ago, it was decided to transfer the estate of the St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. For 10 years, the building managed to restore, and now it looks completely replicates the historical image of the mansion-like building of the university. Inside it — teaching and hotel complex, there are audiences for training, conferences and congresses, as well as sleeping rooms, equipped with modern facilities.
The opening ceremony was attended by the Rector of St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Andrew Rudskoy, Rector Yuri PskovGU Demjanenko, representatives of the Pskov region — Deputy Governor Vera Emelyanov and Culture Committee Chairman Alexander naked.