In Sarov (Nizhny Novgorod region). Restored temple Zosima and Savvatii

  • Temple Zosima and Savvatii before the revolution
  • Temple Zosima and Savvatii before the revolution

May 26 grand opening of the restored Church of St. Zosima and Savvaty.

Recovery plans were announced in the winter of 2008, the fall of 2009 was conducted controlled collapse Old Soviet building, it was finally demolished By February 2010, the spring was approved reconstruction plan (it was assumed that the temple will stand in six months), in the same year was laid the foundation, in the summer of 2011, the church of the saints Zosima and was Savvatii set dome with a cross.

The history of the monastery of Sarov says that the church building was built in the years 1745-1750. The temple was placed on the spot where St. Seraphim was the Mother of God, and healed him of the disease. As a young novice, Seraphim served obedience collector, driving around the city and collecting donations for its construction. He was a good carpenter and personally made to the church cypress throne. In 1784, the church was rebuilt in the two-story, built in Baroque style. After the revolution, the monastery was closed, the church was destroyed in 1950 in its place was built a three-story building that housed a variety of offices.

  • layout of Sarov
  • layout of Sarov

 

Service was conducted by Metropolitan of Nizhny Novgorod and Arzamas. Guests at the inaugural service become CEO of the state corporation "Rosatom" Sergey Kiriyenko, the head of administration Valery Dimitrov, head of the city Alexey Golubev, director VNIIEF Valentin Kostjukov and scientific director of the nuclear center Radium Ilkaev.

 

The future plans — the restoration of an educational center.

 

Like this post? Please share to your friends: