House of Culture, solemnly opened in the village Ovchinets Surazh district, appeared on the site of the former, which burned down in 2008.
On the creation of a new cultural center provided over three million rubles: a little more than two million — from the budget settlement, more than a million — from the district treasury. Another 28 thousand rubles collected by local residents. And help with registration stage and purchase seats have sponsors.
Former DC locals have laid down in 1956. It was built of logs left over from the church, which in the years of the Great Patriotic War, the Nazis destroyed. But at the end of November 2008 the building burned down. In the summer of 2010 laid the foundation for a new cultural center.