Report of Fame Stepanova
The Kazan Kremlin — historical, architectural and cultural monument, which combines in its appearance Orthodox and Muslim, Russian and Tatar motives. The Kazan Kremlin is situated on a promontory high terrace of the left bank of the Volga and the left bank Kazanki.
Education Kazan has begun since the construction of the fortress on the hill. A castle on the hill, as it is now considered to have been founded in the early XI century. By XVI century the city became a powerful form of wood and stone fortress with Khan’s court, high mosques and mausoleums.
In 1552, Kazan was stormed by Russian troops under the direction of Ivan the Terrible and attached to the Russian state.
According to the imperial decree of the fortress was reconstructed, rebuilt in stone under the direction of famous Pskov masters Postnik Yakovlev (creator of St. Basil’s Cathedral on Red Square in Moscow) and Ivan Shirjay.
In 1992 was founded the Republic of Tatarstan in the Russian Federation. Kazan Kremlin became the residence of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan. In 1994, he created the State Historical-Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve "Kazan Kremlin."
The Kremlin is in an irregular polygon, echoing the shape of the Kremlin hill, stretching from the north-west of the river Kazanki, in the south-east, to the Square on May 1 and the building of the arcade.
Area 1 May
The left is a monument to Musa Jalil
The Kazan Kremlin — a World Heritage Site since 2000.
The total area of the Kremlin is 150 thousand square meters.
The outer perimeter wall of about 1800 meters. In the XVI-XVII centuries, there were 13 towers. To date, only 8 survived.
Spasskaya Tower Passage
Built in 1556-1562 years.
Originally it was a white stone tower bunk with the crank drive, high-roofed wooden roof and curtains.
The top two tiers and are built on a marquee in the XVIII century.
In the middle of the XIX century to the right of the tower in a castle wall pierced lancet arch shape. Over time, laid the crankshaft drive. Even after the revolution was knocked thoroughfare through the Spassky Tower.
In the top tier in the XVIII century clock was installed "with the ringing" and another previously moved from a small belfry big alarm bell.
In 1963 he appeared on the tower electric clock with dials on the three faces of the octagon and automatic battle.
Front of the tower to the middle of the XIX century was a moat with a stone bridge.
Prior to 1917, the tower was crowned double-headed emblem of the Russian state.
Replacement of wooden tent Southeast tower
Basement of the Cathedral of the Transfiguration.
Here was situated monastery, founded in 1556.
In the 1855-1862 multi-tiered bell tower was built in the spirit of the late classicism. Was closed in 1918. Most of the buildings broken.
In the XVI-XVIII centuries street called Great. After 1918. Sheykmana called passage, in honor of one of the leaders of the party organization of Kazan, who was executed in 1918. White Czechs.
Left museum complex "Khazine"
The complex includes a museum of natural history of Tatarstan, the center of the "Hermitage-Kazan"
memorial museum of the Great Patriotic War and Art Gallery.
Right fire station building ("skullcap")
Guardroom built on top of the tent, cover it with a picture of complete Prapor Zilant — the emblem of the city of Kazan.
Kul Sharif mosque
Main mosque of Tatarstan and Kazan.
Construction of the temple began in 1996 as a re-creation of the legendary mosque with many minarets of the capital of the Kazan Khanate of the Middle Volga XVI century. The mosque was destroyed in October 1552
during the storming of Kazan by Ivan the Terrible.
Named in honor of her late Imam Seid Kul-Sharif, one of the leaders of the defense of Kazan.
The opening of the mosque took place on June 24, 2005, the 1000th anniversary of Kazan.
Granite and marble brought from the Urals, the interior — rugs — the gift of the government of Iran, colored crystal chandelier diameter of five meters and weighing nearly two tons made in the Czech Republic, stained glass, stucco, mosaics and gilt.
The building of a mosque in terms of a two intersected at an angle of 45 ° in the form of a square-known in the Muslim world mark, meaning "God’s blessings"
In the corners of the main volume are 4 main minaret, 2 small and 2 more minarets in the corners of the main entrance portal.
The total number of crescents is 8 — the number of minarets.
The height of each of the four major minaret 58 meters.
The dome is decorated with forms associated with images and decorative details "Kazan hats" — one of the versions — the crown of Kazan khans, abducted in Moscow after the fall of Kazan, and now is exhibited in the Armory.
The interior of the mosque is designed for one and a half thousand people in the square in front of it can accommodate ten thousand.
Memorial stone dedicated to laying the Kul Sharif mosque.
The northern part of the Kremlin.
Cathedral of the Annunciation
The Cathedral was founded October 4, 1552, the day of the triumphal entry of Tsar Ivan IV in Kazan.
The king himself chose the place for the future of the church in front of the palace of the Tatar khans and mosques.
The wooden church was felled in three days to the construction of a white-stone church was started only in 1556.
Completed in 1562 and consecrated on 15 August of the same year.
Cannon tower of the main building of the yard.
In the years 1812-15. in the Artillery (Cannon) the court was one of the largest in the Russian cannon factories, manufactured new guns and parts, and repaired the damaged brought from the army.
Syuyumbeki Tower is an architectural symbol of the city.
Its name is derived from the name of the Tatar Queen Syuyumbeki — wife of the last two Kazan khans.
Built in the second half of the XVII-XVIII centuries early.
Soyembike tower refers to the "incident" towers (such as the Tower of Pisa), because it has a significant slope in the north-east.
At the moment, its deviation from the vertical spire is 1.98 m
The tower consists of seven tiers: the first tier in terms of three different height of the quadrangular square, the next two — octagonal, two — faceted brick tent and patrol tower, the last — green spire topped with gilded "apple", on which rests the crescent moon.
The total height of the tower — 58 meters.
Residence of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The building was built in the 40s. XIX century in the so-called. pseudo-Byzantine style. The project was well-known Moscow architect AK tone, the author of the Grand Kremlin Palace and the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow.
On the right are the ruins of the palace of Kazan khans.
The gates of the Presidential Palace complex
Currently, the building houses the Office of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan.
Currently under construction near the Kremlin transport interchange at the congress Lenin dam towards the city center.
View from the Kremlin street.