Dozens of helicopters have been involved in large-scale exercises held in the Leningrad Region. The crews of the Mi-8 and Mi-24 have fulfilled the use of ground targets with minimum and medium altitudes.
According to legend, exercises on the territory of the Russian intelligence infiltrated raiding enemy helicopter pilots who had to locate and destroy from the air. Just exercise involved more than 30 helicopters and more than 70 pieces of ground equipment.
Complicating the problem is that the flights were carried out with an unfamiliar airport, where all the helicopters involved in the exercises, were transferred to places of permanent deployment
- In the picture — launches unguided rockets (NAR), C-8 link Mi-24PN
- In the picture — above ground link Mi-24 helicopters, the military nicknamed "Crocodiles"
- To protect against a simulated enemy air defense helicopters carried false statement heating purposes
- After the "Crocodile" in the air there was a link of the Mi-8 MTV-5, which also performed shooting "heat traps"
- NAR launches. The Mi-8 MTV-5 — the latest modification of the military-transport helicopter Mi-8
- With this type of helicopter was also carried out bombing svobodnopadayuschih bombs caliber 250 kg, the result of which can be seen in this picture
- Mining from the air by anti-personnel mines
- Here came unguided rocket
- Fragments of unguided rockets
- Antipersonnel mines PFM-1 "Petal"
- Ammunition from aircraft cannon caliber 30 mm