Launched the fourth unit of Kalinin NPP

The ceremony of launching the fourth power of the largest electricity producer in the central Russian Kalinin NPP.


 Photo source:rosatom.ru

NPP power unit included a 50 percent nominal power. The station is located in the north of the Tver region, 350 km from Moscow. The station consists of two phases. Power units of the number one and number two with capacity of 1 MW each with reactor installations VVER-1000 reactors were built in 1984 and 1986.

The third unit was commissioned in 2004. Construction of the fourth unit was suspended in 1991 under a 20-percent readiness. In 2007, its construction was resumed. The physical launch took place October 20, 2011, the station has already committed two test plugging in the new unit.

The total amount of funds spent on the construction of power unit for the period 2007-2011 amounted to over 70 billion rubles (originally planned amount of funding at the level of 78 billion 900 million rubles). The general contractor of construction of a new unit — the Nizhny Novgorod "AEP".

Like this post? Please share to your friends: