November 16 signed a Take-over to the customer the head multipurpose salvage vessel "Lifeguard Karev" project MPSV07, built on «Nevsky Shipyard".
The vessel is designed for the Baltic BASU, part of the Gosmorspassluzhba Russia. Unique in its kind, the ship has many features and can be used as a tug, and as a rescue, fire-fighting, diving boat, as well as oil spill response and oil products.
The project is developed by "Marine Engineering Bureau — Design — St. Petersburg."
• patrol, rescue operation in areas of shipping, fishing, offshore oil and gas fields;
• Provide technical support and assistance in areas dangerous for shipping, seafood production, maintenance of transport operations in ports;
• Search for and assisting ships in distress;
• search, rescue, evacuation and accommodation of people, providing them with medical care;
• Removal from the shallows and reefs damaged vessels, pumping water from flooded compartments;
• emergency towing vessels and facilities to shelter, as well as providing sea towage of vessels and floating objects in the ice and water;
• Provide assistance to vessels and rescue operations in ice and open water;
• assist in extinguishing fires on floating and coastal objects accessible from sea;
• logistic and technical support, including performing underwater diving works at depths up to 60 meters;
• Implementation of the deep underwater work with the possibility of an extended stay of divers under pressure with a working depth of 300 meters;
• extinguish burning oil on water, oil spill response and oil products;
• inspection and cleaning of the underwater hull of ships, floating and shore facilities;
• survey of the seabed and damaged objects at depths of up to 1000 m