Oboronprom helicopter received orders for $ 18 billion

Russian helicopter industry has increased the volume of orders at the moment of their total amounts to $ 18 billion, said on Monday the CEO of United Industrial Corporation "Oboronprom" Andrey Reus.

"Today we have a" hard "orders for helicopters worth about 18 billion Dolar. This is in view of a very large long-term gosooboronzakaza "- said Reus "Interfax".

It is reported that the share of defense contracts account for about 30% of the volume of production helicopter. The remaining 70% — a rotorcraft, which the company supplies to the domestic and world markets.

"Today I can say with confidence that the helicopter industry already stands firm. Now holding company "Helicopters of Russia" — the third company in the world in terms of production of helicopters in monetary terms. And eight years ago, we never considered as a serious player in the global market ", — said Reus.

According to him, the OPK "Oboronprom" "is a real player in the market, with the rapid growth of production and sales, with a fairly aggressive export policy." "In the helicopter we seriously compete with such global giants as Sikorsky, Eurocopter, Bell, AgustaWestland, Boeing. In the engine-to full-fledged competition with General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, Safran, Rolls-Royce is still much to do "- said Reus.

The successes of the Russian helicopter industry today is recognized throughout the world. In a prepared authoritative consulting company Frost & Sullivan analyst report "The global market for military helicopters," says that in 2010, the company "Helicopters of Russia" took first place among the leading players in the global market for military helicopters.

"For example, last year, the share of Russian military helicopters in the world market was 23%, the second place was taken by the American production company Bell (21%), the third was shared European manufacturer American Eurocopter and Sikorsky (both 15%)," — the document says.

According to forecasts of Frost & Sullivan, in the next 10 years in the military orders will account for over 60% of demand in the world market helicopters. Prior to 2020 can be sold around 9 million cars for a total of $ 200 billion.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: