Russian Aircraft Corporation "MiG" invited media representatives to a meeting with management. During the event, reporters were first demonstrated the production of new MiG-29K/KUB.
01. MiG-29K/KUB serially produced for the Indian Navy and will be available in the future of naval aviation of the Russian Navy.
02. At present, the corporation implements two contracts with India.
03. The first contract for the supply of sixteen MiG-29K/KUB that the Indian Navy to receive under the contract for the supply of an aircraft carrier "Vikramaditya" will be completed this year.
04. Eleven cars in India have been delivered by the end of the year will be delivered by five more.
05. In addition, last year, signed a contract worth $ 1.5 billion for the supply of additional batch of 29 aircraft.
06. The initial training of Indian helots on MiG-29K/KUB, practice takeoff / landing on the deck of aircraft carrier will be held at the Ukrainian complex "anyone". Also in India, built their own ground takeoff / landing.
07. As the head of the engineering center Vladimir Barkovskii, RAC "MiG" is now also performs contract to supply about 20 MiG-29s to Myanmar and the contract to modernize the MiG-29 Indian Air Force.
08. "This is a deep modernization of the previously delivered aircraft. On airplanes, installing new avionics, radar, information-control field, new weapons. In Russia will be upgraded 6 aircraft (4 in Moscow and two in Nizhny Novgorod) …
after which the technology upgrade will be transferred to India, where the repair base Air Force will be upgraded about 60 planes. As part of this contract to supply MiG to India modernization kits and weapons. "
10. CEO Sergei Korotkov told reporters that "MiG" plans to enter into a contract for the supply of deck MiG-29K/KUB for the Russian Navy until the end of 2011.
12. Multifunction naval MiG-29K (single) and MiG-29KUB (double) belong to the generation "4 + +".
13. Planes are improved glider with a high proportion of composite materials-by-wire aircraft control system with quadruple redundancy, significantly reduced radar signature, increased fuel capacity and payload, open architecture avionics.
14. On MiG-29K/KUB installed a modern multi-purpose multi-mode pulse-Doppler airborne radar "Zhuk-ME", a multi-channel optical-location station and passive targeting system head missiles.
15. Weapons system includes guided missiles "air-to-air" and "air-to-surface" guided aerial bombs, rockets, aerial bombs and built a 30-mm cannon. In the photo — its layout. Real gun we were not shown.
16. Nose cone for the Indian MiG.