Premier last reported to Parliament. Russia, he said, was the crisis better than any major economy in the world and is now ready to build a new economy, to develop Far East and the Eurasian Union
Moscow. April 11. FINMARKET.RU — On Wednesday, Putin was last reported to the State Duma, the next report of the government will have to submit a new prime minister has supposedly Dmitry Medvedev. Putin praised the achievements of the fact that Russia (according to him) passed the crisis better than the U.S. and Europe, as well as not so named five new priority areas for future work. Finally, he agreed to remove from the Constitution of the loophole, which he himself had just took advantage of — the lack of a clear indication of the fact that the president can not rule more than two terms in general, and not "in a row." But it is not for himself but for the next president.
The outcome of the
"At the beginning of 2012, as we planned, Russia’s GDP exceeded the pre-crisis level. This means that our economy has fully overcome the effects of the recession in 2008, 2009 and partly even 2010.
Unprecedented, that in the context of the crisis, its impact on the real incomes of citizens in Russia did not fall in the average, and, though not by much, but still growing. And so it went on all of the previous four years, including the most complex — the year 2009.
The growth in real, adjusted for inflation, incomes in 2008 was 2.4, in the 2009th — 3.1, in the 2010th — 5.1%, in the 2011th — less only about one percent (according to the government report — 0 , 8%). As for the average wage in the economy, over the period 2008-2011, it increased by 18 percent. I stress that this is in real terms. In nominal — an increase of almost 75%, and the average nominal monthly wage in the economy in 2007 was 13,593 rubles, and in 2011 — 23 693 rubles.
However, and this is all we know, we still retains its property differentiation, revenues richest citizens about, I want to say it by itself, it really is our problem, so that’s the most well-income citizens about 16 times higher than the income of the poorest, and for recent years, the gap is, unfortunately, almost fell. We need to give this issue the highest priority. There are huge risks, and social, political, and economic.
For four years, with the support of the state were housed about 1.5 million of our citizens and the direct support of the state, including more than 200,000 veterans of the Great Patriotic War.
With the tools of "maternity capital" have improved their living conditions more than 1 million Russian families.
The last four years have brought into our national treasury of oil and gas Vankor and Talakan, new fields in Yamal, Yakutia, Sakhalin. Work has begun on the Caspian Sea and the Arctic shelf. Built the first stage of the pipeline "Eastern Siberia — Pacific Ocean" — we went out with our deliveries in the Asia-Pacific region — a very effective fast-growing area of the world. The world oil market even created a new grade of oil.
Last year, the first time we went directly to the gas market in Europe — due to launch the "Nord Stream" — a gas pipeline under the Baltic Sea. We are after the collapse of the Soviet Union were locked succession of intermediaries and transit countries. And at the end of this year to begin laying the "South Stream".
Fully completed the formation of the GLONASS satellite constellation. Well, of course you can, you know, ironic as they want. Of course, there are many problems with this system. But this is the most important area for the "defense", and for safety, for the economy, for the process of development. "
Russia and all the rest — what’s the difference?
"We remember how Russia is faced with an unprecedented crisis in the financial and economic sphere. Essentially, it was the first crisis of the global world. He was far more extensive and far more dangerous than the crisis of 1998. Actually, we are now see what is happening in some European countries. They actually lost some elements of sovereignty when the issues is the sovereign character transferred to supranational bodies. For Russia, this would be a very difficult history. But we did not break, we have proven mature, creative, confident itself a nation with great inner vitality.
In a very difficult period of crisis tests, we have re-evaluated the Soviet pension rights, and, in fact, restore justice to the older generation. Since 2008, the average retirement pension in Russia increased 2.5 times. Do you know what happened and is happening in other countries, despite the critical situation out there, in fact, do not stop. Ukraine raised the retirement age in France passed a law to raise the age of retirement from 60 to 62 years, and there, in my opinion, there is no difference between men and women in this respect. As part of the stabilization program in Greece take place, you know the ones, I will not even speak.
Yes, we decline was significant. But we recovered much more quickly than many other countries. Today we have the highest rate of economic growth among the "eight" and one of the highest among major economies. In comparison, the U.S. economic growth was 1.7% in the euro area — 1.5 in India — 7.4 China — 9.2, in Russia — 4.3. This is the third figure in the world among major economies.
The positive dynamics is observed in all the key indicators of the development of the Russian Federation, at all, without exception, while in some countries in Europe and in other regions of the world crisis has turned into a chronic form, a deep recession and stagnant, growing from day to day unemployment. The budget deficit and the bankruptcy of public finances have become a real "noose" for the states that are losing right now on the sovereign decisions.
According to the IMF, global government debt in 2008-2011 increased by 14%. For comparison, what happens in the eurozone — a debt almost 90%, in the euro area, the United States — more than 100% of GDP in Italy — 100%, in Japan — 226%, China 10% growth, reaching almost 27 % of GDP. You and I — at least 10%, of which only two-plus — it’s external debt.
We went through the crisis without serious risks, avoiding debt trap, preserved stability of the national currency and the budget system. Russia — the only country among the "Eight", having in 2011 a balanced budget, in fact, we even have a small surplus. In comparison, the U.S. budget deficit 8.7%, Japan — 8.9%, France — 5.7%, Canada — 5%.
The experience of 2008-2009 clearly showed us how important it is to have such airbags. I believe that this should be treated very carefully. Easy to spend the accumulated funds, the money is always short, but left without this reserve is very dangerous, especially in the modern world, in the face, as I said, the turbulence and uncertainty of the global economy.
We are with you wherever you go? Here Greece is in Brussels for the money, and give. And we are with you wherever you? Too, can give, but the terms-what? If Greece is losing its sovereignty over the adoption of a number of solutions, we will be even tougher. I remember it very well since 2000, when we were saddled with debt and when we are exposed conditions. I will not even say now that no one is upset. In Russia a special case. Remain without reserves is very dangerous. "
Priorities for the future
We need to focus on issues that are of strategic, fundamental values and are associated with our historical perspective on how the nation
- First — this is demographic viability Russian state. Today, Russia every person counts. We need to understand that f
aced with a major challenge — the demographic echo of the 90s, when the country experienced the most severe population decline. We need new bold steps to conserve and develop the people. However, if we restore the traditional attitude to basic moral values, no measures of economic and social policies will not bring sustainable results. A strong prosperous family with many children — that’s what all should unite efforts of the state, society, religious organizations, national education and culture.
- The second. Russia — the largest country in the world by area. Our space, we must not only maintain, protect against external threats, but also to equip, to formulate a modern environment for human life, to work in all regions of the country. Particular attention should certainly be paid Development of the Far East and Eastern Siberia. This is a major geopolitical problem. It is necessary to ensure that the rate of increase of GRP Siberian and Far Eastern regions were above the all-Russian GDP growth, and this trend should continue for at least 10-15 years. Of course, we will ensure that in the East Siberian and Far Eastern regions, there has been a steady increase in the population rather than the outflow, which is still ongoing, although the pace of decline, but the outflow, unfortunately, there is so far.
- The third is our priority — is new and quality jobs. Millions of people are now engaged on outdated, inefficient jobs, low wages and lack of prospects. We have to give them another job, interesting, well-paid, and thus capable of providing high standards of living, a decent income and the ability to support a large family. Average real wages in Russia in 2020 is expected to increase by at least 1.6-1.7 times. We also need to create all the conditions for an active, full employment of people with disabilities, including those that require the widespread development of barrier-free environment.
- The fourth basic task — the construction of the new economy. It is the fourth not least in importance, perhaps the major. It must be stable, able to demonstrate a qualitative growth in the face of fierce competition. We have to be prepared for any external shocks. The likelihood of recurrence is high. The world has entered a period of turbulence. In addition, a new wave of technological change, changing the configuration of global markets.
- The fifth priority — strengthening the position of Russia in the world, and especially through a new integration in the Eurasian region. Establishment of the Customs Union, the removal of barriers at the border last year already helped increase mutual trade turnover of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by 37% immediately. From this year, we are working in closer integration format in the framework of the Common Economic Space with the free movement of goods, capital and labor.