The first building of the railway station Krasnoyarsk station was built by the architect Nikolai Soloviev in 1896. Then it was the only station on the second class of the Mid-Siberian railway. The current station building was built in September 1961.
The decision to build a new station in Krasnoyarsk was taken in 2003 due to a significant increase in passenger traffic in Krasnoyarsk. The construction of the railway station and the station has been spent around half a billion rubles. This amount includes not only the building itself, but also all his equipment. Today Krasnoyarsk station is considered one of the most beautiful and comfortable in the Trans-Urals. The new building has 16 ticket offices — it is 6 more than it was before. Significantly improved service. Besides in the station were replaced by the railroad tracks (they were put on concrete sleepers), as well as a fully reconstructed tunnel leading out of the station on the platform. The new station meets all modern requirements and standards. Floor space station have almost doubled from 7,190 square meters. m to 12,772 m. m maximum design capacity of halls for long-distance passengers in the "rush hour" has grown from 1,700 to 2,300. There are three comfortable waiting room — for a brief, long stay and for people with children and people with disabilities. The number of ticket offices has increased from ten to sixteen. However, they are equipped with modern terminals Ticket "Express-3", which allow you to sell tickets for passing trains to places that previously was not possible. The new service center will not only get tickets for preliminary applications for group and international transport, but also to buy airline tickets, coaches, currency exchange, use the internet cafe. Was reconstructed and Station Square.
TTX Square area — 12 772 sq. m, capacity lounges — 2300, 4 platform (5-way), underground and overground passage