Restoration Novosiltsevskoy battery in Vladivostok

By the APEC Summit 2012, held in Vladivostok, in this city, in addition to all other megastroek suddenly restoration was carried out one of the sites of the former Vladivostok Fortress — Novosiltsevskoy coastal battery (battery number 375) on the island of Russian (EOD Peninsula, Cape Novosilskogo). 

Novosiltsevskaya vedena coastal battery was commissioned in 1888 originally as a temporary wood and earthen battery with 152-mm guns on the sleeper cell. In the years 1889-1890 on it were built guardhouse and sheltered powder magazines. In the years 1892-1983 the captain IA Yuschenkovym drafted Novosiltsevskoy battery in a concrete form, the construction of which under the leadership of the military engineer EO Maak was begun in 1898 and completed in 1901. In 1902 he graduated from the installation of the cartridge in the cellars. The cost of construction amounted to 179,363.19 rubles. On the battery at the end of construction were established six 152-mm/50 Kane guns at shore installations with shields and two 57-mm cannons Nordenfeldta shore.

After the elimination of artchasti until now maintained the position of the main fire and rapid-fire guns, powder magazine with seven and eight yards cannon, destroyed ranging pavilion and the pavilion for the electric plant, as well as a refuge for the searchlight installation. Facilities batteries were considered an architectural monument.

The rehabilitation Novosiltsevskoy battery as a museum facility was started in the summer of 2012, the general contractor is LLC "STS — The Alps" (Moscow). During the restoration were made very accurate models of the guns battery as 1902 — but only two 152-mm/50 (or 45?) Kane at shore installations and four others depict guns 152-mm/45 Kane to ship machines . Work on the production models of guns produced Guild modelers from Moscow and OOO "Brig" of St. Petersburg.

The current composition of the prototyping of artillery by the fact that in October 1914 the armament was removed from the battery, but it soon HB had four guns 152-mm/45 Kane to ship machines, for which four were converted to the court by raising their level. Then, these guns were removed. During the restoration in 2012, it was decided in those yards which have not been adapted, put the models 152-mm guns at shore installations, and where the courtyards were converted — to put layouts on the ship looms. It is not possible to break-preserved historic design courtyards.

Closing the reconstruction of the battery is scheduled for late September 2012. This is probably the first example of a large-scale reconstruction of the coastal battery on the territory of the former USSR.

 

Like this post? Please share to your friends: