Russian biathlete Anton SHIPULIN won the pursuit race at the sixth round of the World Cup in the Italian Antholz. Second place went to Slovenian Jakov Fak, and the third — the Austrian Daniel Mezotich.
The first winner of the firing line recently held a sprint flawlessly. But on the second and third allowed to slip. This has helped the chief persecutor Shipulina Frenchman Marten Fourcade reduce the backlog at the approach to the final rack. But the nerves were stronger in Shipulina who had shot accurately. And here is the current holder of the World Cup, "left alive" one target.
Big gap Shipulin allowed to finish with the flag of Russia.
World Cup. The sixth stage
1. SHIPULIN Anton (Russia) — 31.24,2 (2 misses)
2. Jakov Fak (Slovenia) + 22.6 (1)
3. Daniel Mezotich (Austria) + 25.8 (1)
5. Eugene Garanichev + 41.4 (3)
10. Andrew Makoveev + 51.4 (2)
18. Evgeny Ustyugov + 1.29,6 (2)
25. Dmitry Malishko (all — Russia) +1.52,1 (4)