Temples Irkutsk

Irkutsk — the old Siberian town, now a major administrative, industrial, transportation and cultural center of the Irkutsk region. To date, the center of Irkutsk is a very interesting combination of modern houses, restored mansions XIX-XX centuries and wooden houses, many of which have maintained their appearance unchanged over the past 100-150 years. 

 

Of greatest interest are historically the oldest ensembles of the city, a part of which I want to tell you about.

 We begin with a kind of symbol of the city — Church of the Savior:

 

Redeemer Church — the oldest stone building in East Siberia. Wooden Church of the Saviour was laid in 1672. In 1706, construction began on a new stone church of the Savior Hepukotvopnogo obpazom. In June 1710 it was finished. Sanctified — in 1713. 

Right next to the Church of the Saviour, the site of the ruined altar of the Kazan Cathedral, was blown up in 1932, is Chapel of Our Lady of Kazan:

 

Redeemer Church — the oldest stone building in East Siberia. Wooden Church of the Saviour was laid in 1672. In 1706, construction began on a new stone church of the Savior Hepukotvopnogo obpazom. In June 1710 it was finished. Sanctified — in 1713. 

Right next to the Church of the Saviour, the site of the ruined altar of the Kazan Cathedral, was blown up in 1932, is Chapel of Our Lady of Kazan:

 

 

In the chapel laid the foundation stone of the cathedral. The solemn consecration of the chapel took place on October 4, 2000.

Over the chapel at the last photo is also seen The Roman Catholic Church:

 

In the chapel laid the foundation stone of the cathedral. The solemn consecration of the chapel took place on October 4, 2000.

Over the chapel at the last photo is also seen The Roman Catholic Church:

 

 

The new church building — stone (wood burned in the summer of 1879) — built on donations Poles. The building project designed by local architect JF Tamulevich and was approved in 1881. At the same time laid the foundation, but the building took place in the years 1884-1885. The style of construction refers to the Gothic Revival.

Ends the central ensemble of churches Cathedral of the Epiphany

 

 

 

Stone Temple founded in July 1718., First see it lit up in 1726 In 1731, he graduated from the cold masonry Epiphany Church. In 1934, the cathedral was closed. At present the building as a whole returned to the original form. In the late 80’s. complete restoration of the cathedral, who served for a long time the fairgrounds. Cathedral appeared as a link between the ancient architecture of the temple and pheasants methods and forms of Baroque. The monument is unique in Irkutsk decoration multicolored glazed tiles with images of mythical animals and flowers.

Literally across the street from the building under the 130th Old Town is located in Irkutsk Holy Cross Church: 

The church was laid in 1747, and in 1757 was consecrated head cold chapel of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. In 1860, the old porch replaced by a 2-storey porch in the Empire style. At the end of the XIX century. changes are complete. The church was built by the Irkutsk merchant mariner Fyodor Shcherbakov at MaxMara hill, at the foot of which has long stood the ancient wooden cross. 

Holy Trinity Church is the most striking example of "Siberian baroque" in Irkutsk:

Of the total number of buildings of the church is different, with its unusual three-dimensional construction. In the composition of the building coherence with wooden bunk with a wide octagonal churches that received wide circulation in the Irkutsk region in the middle of the XVIII century.

One of the most beautiful churches Irkustka — Kazan Church: 

 

 

 

Built in craft villages hereditary citizen Sibiryakovs AM. The basis of its inherent July 27, 1885, and completed construction of three aisles with the consecration in 1892 

 Prince Vladimir’s (Litvintsevskaya)  Church:

 

Start building was dedicated to the 900th anniversary of the baptism of Rus. The temple founded July 15, 1888 d, the day of the solemn celebration and exactly seven years was over both outside and inside. July 16, 1895 consecrated the high altar of the Church of the Holy Prince Vladimir ravnoprestolnogo.

Of course, on this list does not end with the churches of Irkutsk. Like it? Come join us in the city, see them live, not in the picture. :)  

Like this post? Please share to your friends: