"Titanium Silk" or titanium mesh for reinforcing plastics soft tissue developed in Yekaterinburg
What exactly are the "Titanium Silk"?
"Titanium Silk" -a prosthesis intended for plastics of soft tissues and made of titanium filaments of high purity (1.00 W alloy). The endoprosthesis has high elasticity, which provides a special form of weaving yarns. Currently, the "Titanium Silk" is used in herniology, trauma, reconstructive surgery. Feature of the material lies in its unique ability to grow into tissue with the formation of high-grade connective tissue scar.
The history of the development and use of metal mesh stents.
The date of onset of mesh for hernia repair metal stents (stainless steel and silver) can be considered in 1949. In the future, for this purpose have been used a grid of nickel-titanium (hereinafter-HT). who still prefer a number of clinics and Trans-Siberian, where the most studied features of its application and give NT preferred to all synthetic materials, however, fundamentally new invention can be considered as the development of "Titanium silk", Kotra is based not only on the biological inertness but on the important design features of the implants.
Unique biological properties of the endoprosthesis "TITANIUM SILK"
1. Extremely pure titanium, homogeneous and chemically neutral.
2. The biocompatibility with body tissue, the formation of "a full and tender scar" surrounding the prosthesis.
3. The lack of complications from established titanium structures operating in the late period (several years).
DESIGN FEATURES The endoprosthesis "TITANIUM SILK:
1. The bends of turns can simulate the net, stretching it to 30% of the original length, and return to its original state, stretching in the transverse direction.
2. In the area of crossing fibers bends titanium filaments do not allow tight against each other, whereby, if necessary there is a sliding relative to each other. Thus, the mesh can be modeled in every direction, and repeating the shape of the wound and easily crushes.
3. Longer intervals chiasm (SCP) between the yarns provide additional paths for the outflow of blood and serous fluid in the longitudinal direction of the grid. This contributes to the drainage of the wound, as the fluid is easily outflow tract.
4. SCP give a titanium silk special softness and flexibility.
5. Large cells and thin filament diameter also did not prevent the outflow discharge.
6. The surface roughness of the thread (about 10 microns) facilitates better antifouling material body tissues.
7. Commercial samples with registration in Russia (RU), various anatomical shape and sizes
Today, more than 800 stents implanted "Titanium Silk" has reviewed surgeons and patients suggest that "Titanium Silk" has several ADVANTAGES compared with polypropylene prosthesis is primarily a reduction in terms of post-operative period, fewer complications in the early and late postoperative period. According to the clinical use of materials published several scientific papers.