Photographic: flooding in the southern United States in 2011, Natural disasters
Because of the loss in 2011, a record rainfall and massive snow melt Mississippi River has caused catastrophic flooding in the southern United States. The last such event is recorded only in 1937. Authorities organized cleansing operations in the states of Tennessee, Memphis and in more southern areas of the country the situation is much more complicated. Due to heavy rainfall the soil is saturated with water, in Louisiana, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Arkansas local rivers burst their banks.
Flooding forced thousands of people to flee their homes, making their life a waiting game: waiting shelter, food, decisions about their flooded homes, waiting recession of water.
1) Yazoo River flooded the house, situated on the other side of the dam. Satartiya, Mississippi, May 23, 2011.
2) Flooded railway crossing p. Mississippi. Vicksburg, May 23, 2011.
3) A local resident went to the door of his house, protected by a dam. Once the water level in the river. Yazoo began to rise, the movement in the city is by boat. Yazoo, 21 May 2011.
4) Frank Jackson is on a special basket Heskey, defending his father's hotel from the influx of water. Vidalia, May 22, 2011.
5) Water Wolf River flooded the parking lot. Jackson, Tennessee. May 10, 2011.
6) wreck of Yazoo fish US Highway 49 West. Silver City, Mississippi. May 22, 2011.
7) Yazoo River spilled. May 21, 2011.
Machines are stuck on a plot undrowned road north of Vicksburg. May 19, 2011.
9) immersion in water farm. Yazoo, 19 May 2011.
10) Truck trying to drive through a flooded road in Yazoo waters around Vicksburg. May 18, 2011.
11) Judith Semidesyatiodnoletnyaya Stemple in the courtyard of his house after the flood. May 18, 2011.
12) Verification vodosderzhivayuschey dams around the medical center. Vidalia, Louisiana. May 16, 2011.