One of the common problems faced by pregnant — difficulty having a bowel movement (to put it simply, constipation). Complain of constipation two-thirds of womentime pregnancy and after the birth of every three.
- In time pregnancy, especially during the second half, intestines pressed by increasing the uterus. This leads to disruption of blood flow and the occurrence of venous stasis in the vessels of the pelvis. As a result may develop hemorrhoids — varicose veins of the rectum and as a consequence — constipation.
- The human body produces special substances that stimulate colonic contractions. Intime pregnancy susceptibility muscles of the intestine to such stimulants is significantly reduced. Nature of the "ordered" very reasonable — in fact intestines and uterus have a common innervation, so any excessive activation can stimulate the intestinal peristalsis contractile activity of the uterus, causing a threat to abortion. Unfortunately, this positive response is protective and adverse effects — constipation.
- Constipation contribute to the development of hormonal changes that occur in pregnancy. In particular, the digestive process is slowed down under the influence of the pregnancy hormone — progesterone.
- It's no secret that pregnant women are often emotionally unstable, prone to stress, suffer from unreasonable fears. Modern medicine has come to the conclusion that constipation in general and — in particular — constipation in pregnancy is often caused by stress and other psychological factors. In the postpartum period, women rarely suffer from constipation — perhaps because their emotional state after childbirth significantly and rapidly improving.
- A role to play in the development of constipation as allergic, autoimmune processes.
Constipation— The lack of a bowel movement in three days or more. Pregnant constipation may be accompanied by a feeling of incomplete emptying, abdominal pain (usually in the left half). When hemorrhoids may be present in the stool blood streaks. Some women, along with a pain in his stomach felt a burning sensation in the rectum and itching of the anus. With constipation may also disturb nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, bloating, rumbling in the stomach.
Helps to cope with constipation diet. Inintestines should do as much fiber. It is not digested, but only swells, increasing the volume of stool and promoting bowel movement. Therefore, the diet should include carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, squash, pumpkins, apples and whole-grain bread and dried fruits. Often, a good laxative effect give milk products: yogurt, buttermilk, and brew sour soup. Useful vegetable fats: the splitting of fatty acids, they form a stimulating peristalsis.
Prunes are best used in the form of infusion: 100 g of fruits pour two cups of boiling water, add a little sugar, cover with a lid and leave for
Do not be carried away by strong tea, black coffee, cocoa, chocolate, white bread, cakes, flour and mucous soups, cream of wheat, blueberry. All of these products as well as food and cold food, have a fixing effect.
In marked abdominal distention allowed to take infusions of chamomile flowers, mint leaves, cumin seeds, fennel, and carbol (activated carbon). But in amounts recommended by the physician.
You should also try not to stand for long periods, do not lift weights, do exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. By the way, exercise will help to strengthen the intestinal peristalsis.
How not to treat constipation during pregnancy?
Physiotherapy treatments (electrophoresis of novocaine, inductothermy, electrical, DD currents, sinusoidal modulated currents), often used for constipation, pregnant contraindicated: a great danger of stimulation of uterine activity, sensitization (ie, increasing its sensitivity to various stimuli) adverse effects on the fetus.
Laxatives is undesirable