Shipping company ARK SHIPPING (CEO Nicholas Sochinskaya) decided to use self-propelled chemical tanker for transportation of methanol deadweight 1267 tons. The vessel will operate between Baūtīno and block D of the Kashagan field in the North Caspian.
Not self-propelled chemical tanker is a ship of the converted barge project 81370.
Project conversion ROB17 designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau (Odessa).
The work carried out by specialists of JSC "Kranservis" on shipbuilding and ship-repair plant them. III International (Astrakhan).
The ship was a class of Russian Maritime Register of Shipping KE * R3-RSN Chemical tanker type 3.
The vessel's hull is designed for class Ice1.
Chemical tanker is a single-deck barges-pad with ten horizontal rectangular tanks on deck.
The vessel can simultaneously carry three types of cargo, including methanol.
Capacity ten cargo tanks — 1480 cu. Deadweight at draft 1.847 m — about 1267 tons
Auxiliary power plant consists of a hand diesel generator power of 15 kW and a diesel generator power 168 kW.
Control of cargo operations and management of cargo pumps is from DPP and manifold area.
Control and management of ballast pumps is from DPP and the district installation ballast pumps.
During the conversion carried out the following work:
• reinforced hull structures, including made ice strengthening of the housing;
• on the main deck in the bow organized space DPP, SIG and the duty room with cofferdam separating the data space from cargo tanks;
• replaced by anchoring device (installed new anchor PDS, spikes, chains, increased chain lockers);
• upgraded ballast system with the installation of two ballast, bilge pumps;
• that additional cargo pumps and two wiper pump;
• Adjustable gas extraction system is installed, the system of issuing cargo vapor, venting tanks, inert gas system, irrigation tanks;
• installed protective sheet foundations for the newly installed equipment, replaced the hatches and similar cap.