At the slightest suspicion of the disease, urgently contact
For the prevention of breast cancer women over age 40 should at least once a year check-ups at the breast physician and do a mammogram.
The plan of treatment of cancer patients breast developed by three specialists. Is a surgeon and specialist in chemotherapist radiotherapy.
In the treatment of breast cancer, several types of surgical procedures:
- tumor removal and minimal amount of normal tissue surrounding it;
- partial (sectoral) resection of the breast in which the tumor is removed, some of the normal tissue around it and the lining of the chest muscles, located at the tumor;
- total (simple) mastectomy, in which the entire breast is amputated;
- Limited radical mastectomy when breast is removed, some of the axillary lymph nodes and the surface lining of the chest muscles, and sometimes remove the smaller of the two pectoral muscles.
In severe cases, after the operation is assigned to hormone therapy, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy. Duration of this step depends on the course of disease. The first step treatment lasts
Chemotherapy— Drug treatment of malignant tumors by using cytotoxic drugs (anticancer agents having deleterious effects on cancer cells).
Radiation therapy — A therapeutic effect on cancer cells to ionizing radiation. The clinics are used ordinary X-rays of very high energy or electron beams.
Hormonal therapy— A method of treatment using hormonal and anti-hormonal drugs.
The main areas of hormone therapy for breast cancer are:
- reduction in the level of estrogen produced by the ovaries;
- receptor blockade of estrogen and progesterone;
- reduction in the level of estrogen produced in the adrenal glands;
- suppression of estrogen, due to high concentrations of male sex hormones or progesterone.
The method of treatment the doctor chooses each patient individually, depending on its age, the ovaries, the structure of the tumor, its growth rate, etc. The success of treatment depends on the patient's age, the correct selection of therapy, and most importantly on the timely treatment to the doctor.
Cancer— Systemic disease, so the chance of relapse. Tumor may arise again in the place of the removed due to cancer metastasis.
- after operation at the first stage of the disease within five years 94% of patients survive for 10 years — 78%.
- the same data at a second stage of the cancer are 78% and 50% respectively.
- when referring to a doctor in a third step, after five years of operation live 50% of patients and 10 — 28% only.
After complete recovery from cancer to female patients who had undergone surgery to remove breast cancer, there is a question about the prosthetic breasts.