The full digestion of food and the protection of the body are not possible without the involvement of microbes living in the gut. Dysbacteriosis — is a condition in which changes the composition of microorganisms inhabiting intestines (Beneficial bacteria is less harmful and thus more), leading to disruption of the
IntestinesHuman whole inhabited by hordes of microbes — the "bad", "good" and "neutral." Useful bacteria — Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus and Bacteroides — real friends. They assist in digestion, protect against allergies, support the immune system and even reduce the risk of cancer. And keep in check the "enemies": Staphylococcus, Proteus, Streptococcus, fungi genus Candida.
Sometimes, under the influence of external factors, this balance is disturbed — the number of "useful" bacteria is reduced and harmful microbes begin to manage in the gut — develop a condition called "dysbiosis". Dysbacteriosis — this is not an independent disease, but a manifestation of other diseases or any trouble in the body. This condition may be accompanied by gastritis, pancreatitis and other diseases of the digestive system, to be postponed due to intestinal infections, or develop as a result of long-term use of antibiotics. The impetus for the development of dysbiosis can serve even change the dietary practices, which often occurs when traveling abroad. For such cases, there is even a special term — "travelers' diarrhea."
Can be suspected in the presence of bacteria overgrowth symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea, constipation, bad breath, nausea, allergic reactions to innocuous products … In this case, the right thing to go to a gastroenterologist. The doctor will refer you to the bacteriological analysis of feces and, if necessary, by other studies
After some time (usually several months), you will get rid of the hassles of health and will be able to enjoy life again.
Dysbacteriosis not develop in healthy people, it is a kind of signal of trouble in the body. By the development of dysbiosis can cause a variety of reasons:
- uncontrolled use of antibiotics;
- borne intestinal infections (dysentery, salmonellosis);
- diseases of the digestive system (gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, bowel disease, pancreatitis, gallstone disease);
- surgery on the stomach and intestines;
- malnutrition (prevalence of food starchy foods, spicy, fatty, and lack of plant foods and dairy products);
- decrease the body's defenses.
What's going on?
When dysbacteriosis appear harmful intestinal bacteria and fungi (e.g., genus Candida fungi), and decreases the amount of useful microorganisms which leads to digestive disorders. Without treatment, in the intestinal wall gradually develop inflammation (colitis) disease progresses.
Continuous current dysbacteriosis characterized malabsorption of vitamins, fats and other food components, which leads to weight loss, and anemia.
The most frequent manifestations of the disease: abdominal distension, abdominal pain, frequent diarrhea, constipation or unstable chair (alternating diarrhea and constipation).
Diagnosis andtreatment dysbiosis holds a gastroenterologist. To confirm the diagnosis required bacteriological analysis of feces. As further studies can be assigned physician:
- Gastroscopy (EGD);
- Barium enema — X-ray examination of the intestine with preliminary filling of contrast material;
- Sigmoidoscopy — inspected area intestine (30 cm) using a special apparatus (proctoscope) introduced into the anus;
- Colonoscopy — a study similar to sigmoidoscopy, but the site is inspected intestine length of one meter.
Important components of treatment are:
- dieting. In the food necessarily include dairy products, enriched by living bifidobacteria;
- antibiotics or bacteriophages are appointed in some cases, to suppress the harmful bacteria in the intestines;
- special drugs that normalize the composition of intestinal microflora
(Beefy-forms,bifidumbakterin, bifikol, hilak, Linex, etc.);
Treatment, usually restores normal digestion for two months.
Unfortunately, successful treatment of intestinal dysbiosis does not guarantee getting rid of the disease for life. Intestinal microflora is very sensitive to external influences and responds to problems in the human body. To reduce the risk of dysbiosis should take antibiotics only on strict conditions in a timely manner to treat colds and diseases